Julian House is a charity dedicated to making a difference to the lives of the most vulnerable and disadvantaged people in society. We run several projects and every year we help thousands of people out of homelessness, into employment, away from domestic abuse, and more.
If you’d like a real sense of job satisfaction, great career prospects and a competitive benefits package, you could be who we’re looking for!
Job Role: Hostel Team Leader
Salary: £26,300 per year
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Contract type: Permanent
- On-call (1 in 4 weeks), £100/week when on-call
- First responder, £20 per night
- Some evening and weekend work will be required
The successful candidate will be one of two Hostel Team Leaders to manage all aspects our 20 bed homeless hostel in Bath, and ensure the delivery of a consistently high quality, safe and person-centred service.
- Line manage Hostel Support Workers including completing monthly supervisions and annual performance development reviews
- Build an effective and motivated staff and volunteer team promoting a culture of continuous improvement
- Provide planning, leadership and direction, meeting statutory and organisational quality standards
- Maintain service performance to agreed targets
- Professionally represent the service and organisation at key strategic forums and operational working groups
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Health or Social Care qualification at degree level or equivalent would be an advantage but is not required
- Ability to manage the service (Hostel), including supervising staff, providing 1-1s and managing staff performance.
- Knowledge of the support needs and support planning for single homeless people
- Knowledge of legal, statutory, regulatory and good practice requirements applicable to the provision of crisis accommodation and move on pathways
There are many great reasons to join our team!
- Great opportunities for career development and free monthly training sessions from experienced facilitators
- Sliding salary scale with salary increases every year for the first 3 years
- Wellbeing related support and advice andup to 6 free counselling sessions through our Employee Assistance Programme
- 27 days annual leave, including an extra day off for your birthday, increasing up to 30 days after 4 years of continuous employment
- 30% staff discount at Julian House charity shops
- 20% staff discount at Julian House bike workshops
- A generous and competitive pension scheme
- Instant access to healthcare professionals and discounts on a variety of health treatments throughourSimply Health Scheme
- A supportive culture where staff feedback is highly valued and regular supervisions with line managers are conducted
- 6 weekly Reflective Practice sessions from objective, external facilitators
As an Equal Opportunities employer, we have an Equality and Diversity Action plan in place showing our commitment in ensuring continuous improvement in creating an inclusive culture. We also have a committed group of Inclusion & Diversity champions who meet monthly to ensure progress is being made. We invite applications from people from all backgrounds and cultures, especially minority groups that are underrepresented in the workplace. We also welcome applications from those with lived experience. We embrace flexibility and are proud to be a Disability Confident and Mindful employer, as well as an Armed Forces Covenant Supporter.
If you have any special access requirements or other support needs throughout the application process (including interview), please contact us so that we can let you know how we can support you.
We welcome applications from people with lived experience. All applicants working with our clients will be expected to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. A criminal conviction will not necessarily prevent you from becoming an employee, the decision will depend on the type of offence and its relevance to the role. If you would like to discuss any convictions you may have, please contact the person named in the advert. All information will be dealt with according to our Data Protection Policy.
Get in touch
If you have any questions about the Hostel Team Leader role, please get in touch with Dannielle Holroyd (Resourcing Assistant) on 07960142019. We look forward to speaking with you soon!
Please note: We reserve the right to close our vacancies once the perfect candidate has been found. We recommend submitting your application as soon as possible so that you don’t miss out!
Hostel Team Leader
37.5 hours per week
Friday, 25 August 2023