Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing the charity’s communications including telephone, email, written correspondence, social media and website in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Support the Wellbeing Officer with client referrals process.
- Support the Head of Charity and Bookkeeper with regulatory requirements as needed, including, but not limited to, Charity Commission annual return submissions, corporation and VAT tax returns.
- Support the Head of Charity with HR administration, including (but not limited to) contractual letters, HR filing, placing recruitment ads, timesheets, recording absence, lateness, DBS admin.
- Support the Head of Charity with funding application administration.
- Ensuring that administrative matters are managed efficiently, including, but not limited to, management of utilities, van maintenance, insurance and tax, charity insurance.
- Ensuring that the charity remains compliant with key regulatory requirements including, but not limited to, Health & Safety laws and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- Be the first point of contact for office tenants (sub-let) and escalate any issues that are unresolved.
- Designing office workflow and providing feedback to improve internal performance.
- Managing inventory of office supplies, including stationery and multimedia equipment to ensure smooth office operations
- Supporting the Head of Charity with ad-hoc administrative matters such as coordinating Trustee meetings, note taking, policy and governance documentation and research as directed.
- Work with the Head of Charity and Tutors to develop and deliver workshops for the public to generate revenue and help build the charity’s profile.
- Where required, supporting Woodworks Project Shop team administratively and working at Southgate in Bath on an ad hoc basis.
- Undertake assigned responsibilities effectively and efficiently, and within regulatory and legislative requirements; achieve individual targets within the Charity’s annual planning and staff performance review processes and budgetary constraints:
- Everything we do has a Client Focus, with the following core values: Respect, Compassion, Inclusion, Purpose, Creativity and Growth.
- Ensure effective quality control and continuous improvement in all aspects of this post, in keeping with the Charity’s existing and developing quality assurance systems.
- Be committed to professional development, through participation in the Charity continuing professional development programme which includes staff learning days and training events appropriate to the job role.
- Comply with and promote Charity’s Safeguarding (including prevent), Data Protection and Health and Safety policies and procedures and to undertake recommended training as and when necessary.
- Identify and manage risk effectively.
- Undertake such other duties as required, commensurate with the grade of the post, as
- may be reasonably required at the initial place of work or at other locations in the
- Adhere to and ensure compliance with all Procedures and as detailed in the
- Client Handbook and Staff Handbook.
Please forward copy of your CV to David Melling at email@example.com
NB: This job description outlines a range of main duties. It is not exhaustive and can be varied in consultation with the post holder in order to reflect changes in the job or the organisation.
£20-21k pro rata
Thursday, 28 April 2022