Julian House is a charity dedicated to making a difference to the lives of the most vulnerable and disadvantaged people in society. We run several projects and every year we help thousands of people out of homelessness, into employment, away from domestic abuse, and more.
If you’d like a real sense of job satisfaction, great career prospects and a competitive benefits package, you could be who we’re looking for!
Job Role: Service Manager
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Contract type: Fixed term until 31st March 2023
Location: Avon and B&NES, Bath, Bristol
- On-call (1 in 4 weeks), £100/week when on-call
- First responder, £20 per night
- Occasional weekend and evening work as required.
The successful Service Manager will provide operational management for all aspects of the Prison Resettlement Supported Housing Service and Employment Support across Avon & BaNES; Bath and Bristol, ensuring the delivery of a consistently high quality, safe and person-centred housing and support service in accordance with our policies and procedures, vision, values and strategic objectives and performance targets.
- Provide operational management, leadership, staff line management and oversee service processes and systems
- Ensure that financial procedures are maintained at all times in accordance with our procedures, manage voids, ensure housing benefit and service charges payment compliance and ensure income is maximised
- Reflect the organisation’s high priority for client empowerment by identifying and promoting opportunities across all areas of decision making, emphasising effective risk assessment over risk elimination
- Build an effective and motivated staff and volunteer team promoting a culture of continuous improvement
- Carry out, within reason, any other duties necessary to achieve the smooth running of the service and undertake other organisational duties, which are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities
Qualifications / Requirements:
- A valid UK driving license and access to own vehicle – business insurance will be required for roles involving travel for work
- Experience working with vulnerable adults and/or people with complex needs
- Proven management experience in a similar setting
- Ability to develop existing services and contribute to gaining new business
There are many great reasons to join our team!
- Great opportunities for career development and free monthly training sessions from experienced facilitators
- Wellbeing related support and advice and up to 6 free counselling sessions through our Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- 25 days annual leave
- 30% staff discount at Julian House charity shops and bike workshops
- A generous and competitive pension scheme
- Instant access to healthcare professionals and discounts on a variety of health treatments through our Simply Health Scheme
- A supportive culture where staff feedback is highly valued and regular supervisions with line managers are conducted
- Reflective Practice sessions from objective, external facilitators
As an Equal Opportunities employer, we have an Equality and Diversity Action plan in place showing our commitment in ensuring continuous improvement in creating an inclusive culture. We also have a committed group of Inclusion & Diversity champions who meet monthly to ensure progress is being made. We invite applications from people from all backgrounds and cultures, especially minority groups that are underrepresented in the workplace. We also welcome applications from those with lived experience. We embrace flexibility and are proud to be a Disability Confident and Mindful employer, as well as an Armed Forces Covenant Supporter.
If you have any special access requirements or other support needs throughout the application process (including interview), please contact us so that we can let you know how we can support you.
Get in touch
If you have any questions about the Criminal Justice Service Manager role, please get in touch with Laura Dawes (Resourcing Assistant) on 07908496681 . We look forward to speaking with you soon!
Please note: We reserve the right to close our vacancies once the perfect candidate has been found. We recommend submitting your application as soon as possible so that you don’t miss out!
Service Manager - Criminal Justice
£30,600 per annum
37.5 hours per week
Full Time, Fixed Term Contract
Avon and B&NES, Bath, Bristol
Friday, 8 July 2022