Julian House is a charity dedicated to making a difference to the lives of the most vulnerable and disadvantaged people in society. We run several projects and every year we help thousands of people out of homelessness, into employment, away from domestic abuse, and more.
If you’d like a real sense of job satisfaction, great career prospects and a competitive benefits package, you could be who we’re looking for!
Job Role: Property Manager
Salary: £30,600 per annum
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Contract type: Permanent
Location: Can be based in any of our offices in B&NES, Somerset and North Somerset, however must have a willingness to travel to all locations
- Ability to travel across the South West.
- Willingness to work weekends and evenings to undertake property viewings where necessary.
Join our growing team at Julian House and be part of something new. This role will focus on identifying, sourcing, onboarding and the day-to-day management of properties for use by Julian House clients, across a geographically dispersed portfolio.
- Pro-actively identifying and sourcing properties for use by Julian House.
- Inspecting and appraising potential properties.
- Meeting existing, new & prospective landlords both on and off site; assisting with & handling viewings, lease signing, rent reviews and key handovers.
- Liaising with landlords, agents, suppliers and contractors, to bring properties up to standard and any ongoing issues.
- Carrying out site inspections, coordinating cleaning, repair and maintenance works, dealing with contractors.
- Organising the furnishing and fit out of new properties, and renewals and replacements.
- Compilation, issuing and management of Lease’s, Licences, and other associated documentation.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- A valid UK driving license and access to own vehicle – business insurance will be required for roles involving travel for work
- Experience of property management
- Relevant qualification in property management (desirable)
There are many great reasons to join our team!
- Great opportunities for career development and free monthly training sessions from experienced facilitators
- Wellbeing related support and advice and up to 6 free counselling sessions through our Employee Assistance Programme
- 25 days annual leave, increasing to 27 after 3 years continuous employment
- 30% staff discount at Julian House charity shops
- 20% staff discount at Julian House bike workshops
- A generous and competitive pension scheme
- Instant access to healthcare professionals and discounts on a variety of health treatments through our Simply Health Scheme
- A supportive culture where staff feedback is highly valued and regular supervisions with line managers are conducted
- 6 weekly Reflective Practice sessions from objective, external facilitators
As an Equal Opportunities employer, we have an Equality and Diversity Action plan in place showing our commitment in ensuring continuous improvement in creating an inclusive culture. We also have a committed group of Inclusion & Diversity champions who meet monthly to ensure progress is being made. We invite applications from people from all backgrounds and cultures, especially minority groups that are underrepresented in the workplace. We also welcome applications from those with lived experience. We embrace flexibility and are proud to be a Disability Confident and Mindful employer, as well as an Armed Forces Covenant Supporter.
If you have any special access requirements or other support needs throughout the application process (including interview), please contact us so that we can let you know how we can support you.
Please note: We reserve the right to close our vacancies once the perfect candidate has been found. We recommend submitting your application as soon as possible so that you don’t miss out!
£30,600 per annum
37.5 hours per week
Friday, 12 May 2023