Julian House is a charity dedicated to making a difference to the lives of the most vulnerable and disadvantaged people in society. We run several projects and every year we help thousands of people out of homelessness, into employment, away from domestic abuse, and more.
If you’d like a real sense of job satisfaction, great career prospects and a competitive benefits package, you could be who we’re looking for!
Job Role: Housing Officer
Salary: £27,540 per annum
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Contract type: permanent
Location: Can be in either of our offices in B&NES, Somerset and North Somerset, however must have a willingness to travel to all locations
- On-call (1 in 4 weeks), £100/week when on-call
- Willingness to work flexibly until 8pm at least once a week, as needed, to support new arrivals into properties.
This is a great opportunity to join a new service with Julian House. As the Specialist Regional Housing Officer you will be managing a number of properties and a caseload of clients across Bath, North Somerset and Somerset. You will be engaging with people on probation and leaving prison, to support them to access and manage their temporary accommodation and move-on successfully.
In this role you’ll have the opportunity to work with a passionate team working hard to empower people to turn their lives around.
- Induct new clients into their accommodation and the service, setting clear expectations.
- Support clients to understand and adhere to occupation agreements on a day-to-day basis.
- Support clients to stay safe, logging and reporting an issues or concerns that arise.
- Support clients to open a bank account, claim benefits and budget their money.
- Enable clients to co-produce and engage with our high-quality person-centred services, where a strengths based, and trauma-informed approach is taken
- Pro-actively identify and resolve all property related issues efficiently, in conjunction with the maintenance and facilities team.
- Carrying out basic property inspections and health & safety checks.
- Identify and report all minor repairs and maintenance issues.
- Undertake daily visits, ensuring all properties and clients are visited weekly.
- Performing all necessary functions to manage property check-ins and check-outs, including preparing accommodation for occupation, to prescribed timescales.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- A valid UK driving license and access to own vehicle – business insurance will be required for roles involving travel for work
- Experience working with vulnerable adults and/or people with complex needs
- Experience in the supported housing sector, ideally having worked with people on probation.
There are many great reasons to join our team!
- Great opportunities for career development and free monthly training sessions from experienced facilitators
- Wellbeing related support and advice and up to 6 free counselling sessions through our Employee Assistance Programme
- 25 days annual leave, increasing to 27 after 3 years continuous employment
- 30% staff discount at Julian House charity shops
- 20% staff discount at Julian House bike workshops
- A generous and competitive pension scheme
- Instant access to healthcare professionals and discounts on a variety of health treatments through our Simply Health Scheme
- A supportive culture where staff feedback is highly valued and regular supervisions with line managers are conducted
- 6 weekly Reflective Practice sessions from objective, external facilitators
As an Equal Opportunities employer, we have an Equality and Diversity Action plan in place showing our commitment in ensuring continuous improvement in creating an inclusive culture. We also have a committed group of Inclusion & Diversity champions who meet monthly to ensure progress is being made. We invite applications from people from all backgrounds and cultures, especially minority groups that are underrepresented in the workplace. We also welcome applications from those with lived experience. We embrace flexibility and are proud to be a Disability Confident and Mindful employer, as well as an Armed Forces Covenant Supporter.
If you have any special access requirements or other support needs throughout the application process (including interview), please contact us so that we can let you know how we can support you.
Please note: We reserve the right to close our vacancies once the perfect candidate has been found. We recommend submitting your application as soon as possible so that you don’t miss out!
£27,540 per annum
37.5 hours per week
Thursday, 25 May 2023