Julian House is a charity dedicated to making a difference to the lives of the most vulnerable and disadvantaged people in society. We are currently seeking a like-minded and enthusiastic Senior Community and Events Fundraiser to join us on a permanent basis.
If you’d like a real sense of job satisfaction, great career prospects and a competitive benefits package, you could be who we’re looking for!
Job Role: Senior Community and Events Fundraiser
Salary: £27,320 - £28,943
Hours: 37.5 per week
Contract type: Permanent
Location: Hybrid working - mixture of office (Bath) and home working
- This role includes occasional evening work and weekend work.
- Although based in Bath it will involve working in and travelling to projects and communities in Bath, Bristol, South Gloucestershire and North Somerset.
This is an exciting role for an enthusiastic, proactive and creative fundraiser to make their mark within South West. As part of the Julian House Fundraising team the post holder will identify, seize and create fundraising opportunities within local communities and businesses, as well as managing and growing their own portfolio of fundraising events.
The post holder’s success will help us to develop the range of services and projects we have in the South West - allowing increasing numbers of vulnerable individuals to make positive changes to their lives.
- Fully implement, deliver, and manage a selection of Julian House fundraising events including full budget responsibility.
- Manage your own portfolio of community groups, clubs, schools, faith groups and local businesses.
- Actively seek to develop and deliver new community events and fundraising opportunities, in line with the fundraising strategy
- Undertake an on-going programme of talks, both in person and virtual which will raise the charity’s profile and ensuring that the breadth and importance of the organisation’s work is effectively conveyed to key target audiences
- To organise event publicity and write press releases, develop engaging case studies and excellent quality content for social media to create a good breadth of local media interest to recruit participants.
- Assist with other specific projects, as detailed by the Fundraising & Digital Marketing Manager
- Liaise effectively and appropriately with other Julian House staff.
Most importantly, you will be supporter-focused and willing to go the extra mile to help them to reach their fundraising goals! Julian House is an ambitious organisation which is keen to expand its work.
The range of its future activities will change. It is therefore important that those working for the organisation are flexible in their working arrangements and willing to embrace such changes.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Current driving licence and access to a vehicle which can be used for business purposes
- Persuasive communicator with great interpersonal skills (external and internal audiences)
- A strong organiser and self-motivated project manager who is a self-starter and can hit the ground running, but at the same time a team player
- Adept as using various social media platforms in a targeted and impactful way
- Good depth of experience of fundraising and/or marketing/ event management
- Proven event/project management experience and the attendant pressure of multi-tasking
- Good IT skills and experience of some the most commonly used proprietary website portals e.g. Eventbrite, Just Giving
There are many great reasons to join our team!
- Great opportunities for career development and free monthly training sessions from experienced facilitators
- Sliding salary scale with salary increases every year for the first 3 years
- Wellbeing related support and advice and up to 6 free counselling sessions through our Employee Assistance Programme
- 25 days annual leave, increasing to 27 after 3 years continuous employment
- 30% staff discount at Julian House charity shops
- 20% staff discount at Julian House bike workshops
- A generous and competitive pension scheme
- Instant access to healthcare professionals and discounts on a variety of health treatments through our Simply Health Scheme
- A supportive culture where staff feedback is highly valued and regular supervisions with line managers are conducted
- 6 weekly Reflective Practice sessions from objective, external facilitators
As an Equal Opportunities employer, we have an Equality and Diversity Action plan in place showing our commitment in ensuring continuous improvement in creating an inclusive culture. We also have a committed group of Inclusion & Diversity champions who meet monthly to ensure progress is being made. We invite applications from people from all backgrounds and cultures, especially minority groups that are underrepresented in the workplace. We also welcome applications from those with lived experience. We embrace flexibility and are proud to be a Disability Confident and Mindful employer, as well as an Armed Forces Covenant Supporter.
If you have any special access requirements or other support needs throughout the application process (including interview), please contact us so that we can let you know how we can support you.
Get in touch:
If you have any questions about Supported Housing Worker role, please get in touch with Dannielle Holroyd (Resourcing Assistant) on 07960142019. We look forward to speaking with you soon!
Please note: We reserve the right to close our vacancies once the perfect candidate has been found. We recommend submitting your application as soon as possible so that you don’t miss out!
Senior Community and Events Fundraiser
£27,320 - £28,943
37.5 hours per week
Bath with some home working
Sunday, 23 April 2023