We are seeking a self-motivated, enthusiastic, creative Fundraising & Communications Officer to join our friendly FunComms team. Flexibility and a positive attitude are essential, along with a desire to learn about fundraising and marketing in a charity. If you're dedicated, proactive and ambitious, FareShare South West is an excellent place to grow your career.
- Support the Fundraising Team to deliver fundraising campaigns, events and appeals.
- General fundraising administration across all income streams, e.g. sending thank you letters to supporters and answering donor queries.
- Assist our Supporter Care Officer in the management of our Fundraising database (Donorfy), tracking communications and donor stewardship.
- Help with monthly processes such as reconciliation of payments and analysing data to support our campaigns.
- Support the Fundraising Manager by writing grant applications, developing narratives for new programmes and projects, and reporting to funders.
- Organise fundraising and donor engagement events, liaising with other stakeholders to source pro bono support e.g raffle prizes.
- Support the Communications team with the design, content and production of up-to-date marketing materials to support all areas of the organisation.
- Develop and implement a social media plan. Research trends and opportunities and create and share content (written, graphic design, photos and videos) across all channels to improve our presence and grow our followers.
- Develop a variety of fresh and relevant content to keep our website up-to-date, including video, photos and written case studies.
- Assist with monitoring engagement, analysing performance and reporting on effectiveness of our comms.
- Support the Communications Manager with the circulation and promotion of press releases.
- Assist with the delivery of internal communications.
Fundraising & Communications
- Develop and manage the database of case studies.
- Act as an ambassador for our charity, sharing our values and engaging with the public.
- Work effectively with staff and volunteers, in particular members of the fundraising team.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties to support the operations of the charity.
- Support the FunComms team to deliver their overall strategy.
- Assist on monitoring progress, impact and success against KPIs.
- Work experience (paid or volunteering) in communications, marketing, fundraising or relationship-building.
- Experience in creating content including digital.
- Strong skills in content writing and graphic design.
- A familiarity with the best practices of social media and common platforms.
- Ability to work on own initiative and to meet objectives and deadlines.
- A willingness to do some travelling within the South West.
- Confidence in answering the phone and responding to incoming enquiries.
- Experience gained in a charity or social enterprise.
- Photography skills.
- Videography skills.
- Previous database experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and proven ability to form good working relations, both internally and externally.
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to manage time, prioritise and plan effectively.
- Creative thinker.
- An interest in and commitment to FareShare South West’s mission and core values
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please create a supporting statement to demonstrate your suitability and to explain your interest in both the job and FareShare South West. Send your supporting statement with a copy of your CV to email@example.com
Closing date for receipt of applications is 9am, Tuesday 23rd August 2022
Interviews will take place on Thursday 25th and Friday 26th August 2022.
Fundraising & Communications Assistant
37.5 hours per week
Full-time, fixed term for 12 months
Bristol, Pritchard Street Office
Tuesday, 23 August 2022