Reporting through to the Head of Fundraising and Development, the Grants and Trusts Fundraising Lead is a new role within a Bristol based, well-respected, growing and dynamic charity with a long and proud history. This role will be fundamental in developing, supporting and championing new and existing trust and foundations to increase income generation and help Young Bristol (YB) achieve its 2022-25 Strategic priorities.
You will work within the Fundraising Team to identify and apply for trusts and grants to support our charitable objectives and strategic priorities, whilst gaining valuable knowledge and insights into the ongoing work and projects of the charity. We are looking for a highly motivated individual, with a proven track record of success in trust fundraising. Working alongside the Head of Fundraising and Development this role will develop and manage a portfolio of trust and foundations that have the potential to give 5 and 6 figure grants and fund our work across the Greater Bristol area.
The role will involve researching and writing compelling and creative applications for a range of projects, programmes and youth led activities, such as our 8 community youth clubs located across Bristol, our Mobile provision and our sports, creative and informal educational programmes. You will develop and implement effective stewardship plans to build strong and long-term high value relationships. The postholder will also lead on co-ordinating, writing and submitting accurate funder evaluation reports, ensuring all requirements of the grants are met.
You will enjoy managing your own workload with minimal supervision and be able to prioritise tasks effectively. The post holder will need to develop a thorough understanding of YB’s work, business plan, 2022-25 Strategic prioritises and annual Action Plans.
· Play a key role in creating funding proposals to support an exciting new organisational strategy.
· Develop and manage a portfolio of trusts and foundations that have the capacity to give 5 and 6 figure grants.
· Research and write compelling and creative applications for a range of existing projects, innovative new projects and core costs.
· Develop and implement effective stewardship plans to build strong and long-term high value relationships.
· Work closely with the Head of Fundraising and Development and colleagues across the charity to identify links with senior influencers within Trusts.
- Is self-motivated, has a positive attitude, is a good communicator and has good planning and organising skills. The person must also be a good motivator of others.
- Is approachable, friendly and trustworthy.
- Willing to work as part of a management/staff team.
- Has a genuine desire to develop themselves and others and wishes to expand their experience of working with young people and the wider community.
YB Grants & Trusts Fundraising Lead
£23,800 - £27,300 pa pro-rata, depending on experience.
Hybrid office/working from home
Wednesday, 18 January 2023