About the role
The Philanthropy and Fundraising position is a new and exciting role for The Carers' Centre, to lead income generation for an innovative local charity. This pivotal role will identify and secure new sources of unrestricted income, cultivate key income streams and steward a range of relationships.
The role requires a strategic thinker who works collaboratively to ensure The Carers' Centre is sustainable for future unpaid carers. The Philanthropy and Fundraising Manager will be able to develop strong donor relationships and build a fundraising team to support the increased income generation activities and growth of the charity.
You have experience working in philanthropy and or fundraising and can produce compelling and successful proposals for donors and funders. As a skilled communicator, you can build tailored relationships with various stakeholders, online and in person.
You are a highly organised individual that can develop and implement concrete income-generation plans and are well equipped with knowledge of fundraising legislation.
The Carers’ Centre is a local independent charity with a big vision! We want to live in a community where unpaid carers are fully recognised, valued, and supported. By joining The Carers’ Centre, you are joining a team dedicated to helping families across Bath and North East Somerset when they need us most.
We provide trusted information, advice, and support to unpaid carers of all ages, enabling them to maintain or improve their health and wellbeing, stay in control of their caring role, and get connected with others in a similar situation to them. In addition, we work with the wider community to improve recognition and support for unpaid carers.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children/young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants are subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check and at least two independent references.
We are committed to providing services that embrace diversity and promote equality of opportunity.
Why join us?
- 5% pension contribution after the probationary period.
- Family-friendly policies.
- Generous sickness pay.
- 23 days annual leave + bank holidays.
- Additional days leave each year for five years.
- Be part of a friendly team, who always look out for each other.
- Experience a strong collaborative approach to work.
- Flexible working between our Bath office and remotely.
- Access free parking at the office, with beautiful grounds in which to work.
- Utilise a large suite of digital tools to support staff to do their jobs
- Get a great range of discounts through the CarerSmart scheme.
- Know you will make a difference to vulnerable people every day.
- We aim to encourage a culture where everyone’s unique value is recognised.
Please note this role is being actively recruited, we are scheduling interviews as they come in. Successful applicants will be contacted to arrange a time for interview.
Philanthropy and Fundraising Manager
28 hours per week
Hybrid (office based in Bath and remote working)
Saturday, 1 July 2023