Volunteer Coordinator - Job Description
Reporting to a designated member of the Management Committee, the Volunteer Coordinator will be responsible for the recruitment, induction, training and the day-to-day coordination of our volunteers. Flexibility is required when liaising with volunteers and team leaders to enable BWR to efficiently deliver its aims.
- Work with and provide support to Team Leaders.
- Recruit volunteers ensuring references and DBS checks are carried out in a timely and effective manner and appropriate records are kept.
- Support volunteers through induction and training so that they may be deployed to roles appropriate to each individual.
- Ensure all volunteers are aware of relevant BWR policies, including data protection, health and safety requirements, Safeguarding of Adults and Children and Code of Conduct.
- Provide ongoing support and development for all volunteers on a day-to-day basis.
- Liaise with the Language Coordinator and volunteers to ensure we provide effective language tuition to our families and individuals to meet their individual specific needs.
- Liaise with the Befriending Coordinator and with the families in assessing their needs.
- Liaise with the Refugee and Asylum Seeker Coordinator and to ensure appropriate resources are available to meet ongoing need.
- Liaise with the Membership Secretary to ensure membership applications are processed in a timely manner and the system is updated with all relevant information.
- Maintain and ensure that BWR’s Case Management System is kept up to date.
- Provide assistance to team leaders and other volunteers as required in the use of the database.
- Liaise with IT Support in relation to the website and other digital communications.
- Provide information about the work of BWR to potential volunteers and promote volunteering in the wider community to identify potential volunteers.
- Liaise with other organisations.
- Support the Trustees and members of the Management Committee as may be required from time to time.
- Ensure general enquiries are dealt with in a timely and effective manner.
- Ensure volunteers feel valued and supported in their engagement with BWR, that they are engaged in a way that is compatible with the organisation’s values and principles on volunteering as well as being kept up to date with BWR’s principles organisational developments and news about activities.
- Provide a weekly log of any issues and activities undertaken to the designated Management Committee Member.
Ideally your experience, knowledge and skills will include
- Working independently with the ability to prioritise and manage your own workload with minimal supervision taking a flexible and creative approach to the demands of the post.
- The ability to demonstrate sensitivity to other cultures, working with people from other backgrounds and demonstrate a commitment to equal opportunities.
- Having an understanding of the process of recruiting volunteers, including the difference between volunteer and staff recruitment.
- The ability to induct and train volunteers so that they can be effectively deployed within BWR’s different teams.
- Having managed volunteers, monitored their satisfaction in the role and highlighted strength and weaknesses and identified actions to help improve their experience within the organisation.
- Working with Trustees and Management Teams to support them in delivering the organisations objectives. Being able to manage conflicting priorities as they arise.
- Working with CRM databases, being computer literate with the ability use other computer packages.
- Having an understanding of various legislation and policies relevant to volunteers including data protection, health and safety requirements, Safeguarding of Adults and Children and Codes of Conduct.
Pro rata salary of £20-£22k full time equivalent
24hrs per week
Fixed 6 month Contract
working from home
Tuesday, 26 April 2022