Job Role; Hostel Support Worker
Salary; £3,520 - £3,735 (Full Time Equivalent £22,000 - £23,345)
Hours; Working 3 hours a day, 8am - 11am, working Saturday and/or Sunday
Contract type; Permanent
If you want a rewarding job in which no two days are the same, then come and join Julian House!
We are a fun dynamic team who strive to provide a quality person centred service to some of the most vulnerable people in society. Manvers Street Hostel Bath is a busy move on hostel for rough sleepers in Bath and North East Somerset.We deliver 24-hour support 365 days a year to help former rough sleepers out of homelessness.
We are recruiting for a Hostel Support worker to work x3 hours a day on Saturdays and/or Sundays. and become part of our fantastic team.
- Give clients advice, information and provide an enabling service so that they can access appropriate services.
- Facilitate the delivery of meaningful occupation for clients.
- Responsible for ensuring that rent and service charge payments are made and recorded in respect of named clients.
- Responsible for day-to-day health and safety and the safe running of accommodation projects, including liaison with external contactors.
- Maintain client records that are accurate and fully updated using Julian House client record system.
There are many great reasons to join our team!
- Great opportunities for career development and free monthly training sessions from experienced facilitators
- Sliding salary scale with salary increases every year for the first 3 years
- Wellbeing related support and advice and up to 6 free counselling sessions through our Employee Assistance Programme
- 25 days annual leave, increasing to 27 after 3 years continuous employment
- 30% staff discount at Julian House charity shops and 20% at bike workshops
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- A generous and competitive pension scheme
- Instant access to healthcare professionals and discounts on a variety of health treatments through our Simply Health Scheme
- A supportive culture where staff feedback is highly valued and regular supervisions with line managers are conducted
- Reflective Practice sessions from objective, external facilitators
As an Equal Opportunities employer, we have an Equality and Diversity Action plan in place showing our commitment in ensuring continuous improvement in creating an inclusive culture. We also have a committed group of Inclusion & Diversity champions who meet monthly to ensure progress is being made. We invite applications from people from all backgrounds and cultures, especially minority groups that are underrepresented in the workplace. We also welcome applications from those with lived experience. We embrace flexibility and are proud to be a Disability Confident and Mindful employer, as well as an Armed Forces Covenant Supporter.
If you have any special access requirements or other support needs throughout the application process (including interview), please contact us so that we can let you know how we can support you.
Get in touch
If you have any questions about this role, please get in touch with Vishnupriya (Resourcing Assistant) on 07720737770. We look forward to speaking with you soon!
Hostel Support Worker
£3,520 - £3,735
Working 3 hours a day, 8am - 11am, working Saturday and/or Sunday
Friday, 30 September 2022