To draw up and implement a plan to build up and support regional networks of Community Managed Libraries (CMLs) within the South West, West Midlands, Midlands & Wales.
To build relationships and regular communication with CMLs in the regions; capturing the needs and insights from CMLs to inform policy development and to help develop and grow the work of the Network.
Work with the Charity’s Board of Trustees to encourage Community Managed Libraries (CMLs) to expand their services and develop into businesses operating community hubs and sharing their learning experiences across the Network.
Summary of responsibilities and duties
Reporting to the Network Manager and working with your joint Regional Co-ordinator and Trustee Regional Advisors to:
• Identify CMLs within specific regional pockets both urban and rural to create identifiable regional networks.
• Act as the first point of contact for CMLs in the regions.
• Develop communication within these networks by creating a programme of monthly Network Meetings relevant to individual regional networks.
• Work with the NM to produce a monthly newsletter distributed via Mailchimp to include news from the regions.
• Work with NMC to maintain and update the Network’s mailing list.
• Develop a programme of shared training and learning activities for local networks hosted by other agencies including links to webinars, documents.
• Work with NMC to create and produce toolkits to support learning including a volunteer toolkit.
• Contribute to a library of resource and information for use by CMLs and marketed to other agencies.
• Work with partner agencies to develop a programme of podcasts featuring Community Hub CMLs from specific regions.
• Organise regional workshops, seminars and conferences specific to a region.
• Support consultation exercises in the regions.
• Support membership growth and development in the regions.
• Collate insights and learning from CMLs in the regions to inform policy development and programmes of support for CMLs.
• Work with Trustees to promote and organise a series of Public Space Management training programmes within the regions.
• Any other duties as determined by the Board of Trustees and Members.
Regional Network Co-ordinator
£18,000 pro-rata p/a (Full time £30,000)
21 minimum (3 days)
Friday, 31 March 2023