At the Life Project (Bath) we have a vision for an inclusive world in which people with learning disabilities know they belong.
Our mission is to create and model supportive community for people with learning disabilities, their families, and carers.
- To provide purposeful activities which value the holistic needs and well-being of each individual and the community.
- To create an environment that promotes social development and nurtures healthy relationships.
- To offer platforms for people to express their uniqueness to the world around them and opportunities for those who want, to develop their faith.
- Day Services providing creative and purposeful activities for adults with learning disabilities in Bath and the surrounding area (currently delivered primarily at our Allotment and Barn facilities)
- Support for Family Carers including a weekly drop-in and termly retreats for parents.
- Discipleship and worship opportunities for adults with learning disabilities.
- A programme of social events for families, friends and volunteers.
The values of The Life Project (Bath) are at the heart of who we are and what we do – they are guided by a Christian ethos. These values have strong roots in the Christian teaching and practice, whilst also being accessible and meaningful for all – regardless of background. We believe that every person is unique – fearfully and wonderfully made (Psalm 139:4) – and is a valuable gift to the world and our community.
We are looking for a positive, dedicated and experienced individual to support the board as a Treasurer from April 2023, when the current Treasurers term of office comes to an end. It is not a requirement that the Treasurer is a trustee, though we find that this is beneficial.
We are particularly interested in hearing from people with:
- Previous experience of bookkeeping and financial management
- A willingness to be available to staff and trustees
- A willingness to ask difficult questions and act as a critial friend
- Good financial / numerical analysis skills
- A desire to help the charity achieve its strategic goals
Please note it is a requirement of our constitution that Trustees are committed Christian's and can sign up to our statement of faith. Candidates interested in becoming Treasurer who are unable to sign the statement of faith are welcome but would not be members of the board.
A full copy of the role description at: https://www.lifeprojectbath.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2022/12/Treasurer-Job-Description-Person-Spec-LP2022.1.pdf
For more information about the Life Project (Bath) please visit our website.
To arrange an initial conversation and/or obtain an application form please contact our CEO firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bi-Monthly Trustee Meetings, Annual Away Day, Committee Meetings as necessary
Bath / Home
Friday, 31 March 2023