Julian House is a charity dedicated to making a difference to the lives of the most vulnerable and disadvantaged people in society. We are currently seeking a like-minded and enthusiastic Gypsy, Roma, Traveller & Boater Outreach and Engagement worker to join our dynamic team on a part-time basis.
If you’d like a real sense of job satisfaction, great career prospects and a competitive benefits package, you could be who we’re looking for!
Job Role: Gypsy, Roma, Traveller & Boater Outreach and Engagement Worker
Salary: £13,464 to £14,287 (£22,440 - £23,812)
Hours: 22.5 hours per week
Contract type: Permanent
Location: B&NES for Roadside Travelling Community Welfare Support & Keynsham to Dundas on the water
Based within our Travelling Communities team, the successful Engagement and Outreach Worker will work in partnership with other organisations to encourage the Gypsy, Roma, Traveller & Boater communities to access health, wellbeing and education services, and report on ways to support members of this community more effectively. You will also provide information and support to healthcare teams and other professionals so that they can interact effectively and sensitively with members of these communities.
You’ll need to be able to successfully communicate with a diverse range of people, and be a great team player who is passionate about helping the communities they are working with. You’ll also need to be comfortable with lone working and managing your own workload effectively.
- Work in close partnership with the team and with relevant external agencies.
- Progress and track referrals made into the service.
- Complete new and review, strengths/risk assessments for clients; leading to the delivery of full support plans which meet individual client need. Track and monitor support delivered and its impact through review and use of outcome tools.
- Provide clients with information and ensure an enabling service so that the appropriate services can be accessed.
- Maintain client records that are accurate and fully updated using Julian House client record system. To support analysis of this data, indicating areas of unmet need, and contribute to recommendations for changes in services.
- Challenge prejudice, inequality and injustice where they are encountered.
Qualifications / Requirements -
- A valid UK driving license and access to own vehicle – business insurance will be required for roles involving travel for work
- Experience providing a tailored outreach service for those living in marginalised communities
- A comprehensive knowledge of the challenges faced by travelling communities (either working knowledge or lived experience) is highly advantageous
- Knowledge of the benefits system would also be an advantage
There are many great reasons to join our team!
- Great opportunities for career development and free monthly training sessions from experienced facilitators
- Sliding salary scale with salary increases every year for the first 3 years
- Wellbeing related support and advice and up to 6 free counselling sessions through our Employee Assistance Programme
- 25 days annual leave, increasing to 27 after 3 years continuous employment
- 20% staff discount at Julian House charity shops and bike workshops
- A generous and competitive pension scheme
- Instant access to healthcare professionals and discounts on a variety of health treatments through our Simply Health Scheme
- A supportive culture where staff feedback is highly valued and regular supervisions with line managers are conducted
- Reflective Practice sessions from objective, external facilitators
As an Equal Opportunities employer, we have an Equality and Diversity Action plan in place showing our commitment in ensuring continuous improvement in creating an inclusive culture. We also have a committed group of Inclusion & Diversity champions who meet monthly to ensure progress is being made. We invite applications from people from all backgrounds and cultures, especially minority groups that are underrepresented in the workplace or have lived experience of being part of the Gypsy, Roma, Traveller or Boater community. We embrace flexibility and are proud to be a Disability Confident and Mindful employer, as well as an Armed Forces Covenant Supporter.
If you have any special access requirements or other support needs throughout the application process (including interview), please contact HR@julianhouse.org.uk so that we can let you know how we can support you.
Get in touch
If you have any questions about the role, please get in touch with Laura Dawes (Resourcing Assistant) on 07908496681. We look forward to speaking with you soon!
Please note: We reserve the right to close our vacancies once the perfect candidate has been found. We recommend submitting your application as soon as possible so that you don’t miss out!
Gypsy & Traveller Outreach and Engagement Worker
£13,464 to £14,287 (£22,440 - £23,812)
22.5 hours per week
Bath and North East Somerset
Wednesday, 12 April 2023