Reporting through to the Head of Operations, the YB Youth Club on Wheels Lead will be collectively responsible for developing and implementing the strategic direction, focus and continuous improvement of the YB youth offer through its Youth Club On Wheels. They will also have overall responsibility for the ongoing recruitment, training and professional development of the part time YCOW Youth Work Team. You will work in collaboration with internal and external colleagues and other stakeholders from a variety of sectors with the aim of developing strong cross Sector Partnerships that further the aims and objectives of the charity.
You will provide inspirational leadership and strategic oversight to the YCOW Youth Work Team, manage relationships with key funders and partners, develop on existing but also establish new opportunities for children, young people and communities ensuring YB is fully embedded in the communities it serves. Through good community and youth led consultation, you will be able to discover, design and co-deliver a programme of high-quality open access and social action in a variety of communities and settings throughout the Greater Bristol area.
You will collectively work to ensure maximisation of the YCOW Youth Club On Wheels in various settings (e.g. community, schools etc). Working with the YB Fundraising Team you will ensure all Mobile delivery sessions are fully funded. You will lead on collaboration with local and national Partner Agencies to systematically and sustainably expand and ensure quality and consistency of our Mobile youth work offer.
You will be responsible for ensuring the YB Youth Club On Wheels is maintained to a high standard, remains compliant, legal and roadworthy (e.g. MOT, Road Tax, Insured etc) at all times. You will be the first point of contact for all matters relating to the YB Youth Club On Wheels.
You will have a depth and breadth of skills and competencies from management capabilities, through to strong communication and facilitation skills. You’ll be as comfortable inspiring children and young people as you will supporting youth workers, volunteers and feel at home working with budgets and bids as you will leading and developing a team.
Most of all you’ll believe in the power of good youth work and you’ll be absolutely committed to children and young people, ensuring that they can make the most of the opportunities that YB has to offer.
• To support the YB Management team with the development and delivery of the charity’s annual strategic objectives for ”Our Programmes” in particular, but also the whole charity.
• To lead, manage, support and develop all aspects of YB YCOW provision. This includes managing a number of YB sessional staff with the aim of continuously improving all aspects of both the quality and consistency of our delivery.
• Coordinate and quality check the delivery of core schemes of work, including evening sessions, weekend, school holiday, residential and any special activity events delivered through the YB YCOW Provision, ensuring they involve and reflect the needs of children, young people and the communities we serve. Through working closely with the YB Fundraising Team ensure all schemes of work and delivery of services are fully funded, meet best/safe practice standards and are delivering agreed outcomes (grant criteria/club priorities etc.)
• Develop and maintain effective partnerships with key local community stakeholders and agencies, as well as regional, national & international youth sector organisations to ensure YB services are integrated, collaborative in approach and our policy and practice guidance reflect national standards and statutory guidance.
• To act as the Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead for YB YCOW Provision and take an active role in the management and monitoring of safeguarding of young people. To report and discuss any Safeguarding issues or suspicions to Head of Operations as DSL.
• Ensure the ongoing safe operation of YB YCOW Provision, through a high level of risk management, fit for purpose operating procedures taking into account all Health & Safety, GDPR and required Quality Assurance standards.
• To recruit, train, develop and place staff as needed ensuring the undertaking of regular staff supervision which will include setting of targets and assisting with their professional development.
• Undertake direct delivery sessions commensurate with your skills and qualifications. On occasions and should the need arise, to provide operational support to other areas of the charity.
• Provide written or verbal updates and reports as required by funding Agencies, members of the YB Leadership Team, including the YB Fundraising Team, ensuring agreed outcomes and budget targets are delivered and monitoring and evaluations are completed within agreed timescales.
• Attend any YB training appropriate to your role or future personal and professional development, together with Staff team meetings and on occasions, YB Trustee Board or Funder(s) meetings or events as this role requires.
• Ensure maintenance of performance data through VIEWS system to enable regular team/event reporting and contributing to the wider impact of YB’s work.
• Ensure our working practices adhere to YB policies and procedures as described in the YB Employee Handbook and play your role in creating a “can do” culture within the charity.
• Undertake any other duties as are commensurate with the post or will be of benefit to YB and its various programmes and/or its network of community youth clubs.
YB Youth Club on Wheels Lead
Hybrid office/working from home/on site
Wednesday, 18 January 2023