“Giving is not just about making a donation, it’s about making a difference” - Kathy Calvin
An exciting opportunity has arisen at Dorothy House for an organised, motivated and passionate individual to join the Fundraising Team in the role of Supporter Care and Fundraising Assistant.
At Dorothy House we work to ensure that everyone in our community with a life-limiting illness has access to the best possible end of life care for free when and where it is needed the most. Without the generous donations from our supporters, our care and services would not be possible.
SUPPORTER CARE AND FUNDRAISING ASSISTANT | £22,816 – £24,336 per annum
As our Supporter Care and Fundraising Assistant, you will ensure we are providing excellent supporter centric care and supporter journeys. The role will also provide administrative support across all areas of fundraising activity for the Charity.
- Be the first point of contact answering the fundraising phone line, speaking with supporters, and triaging them to the right team for assistance if you are not able to help them.
- Monitor, daily, various fundraising email inboxes and triage across the team as appropriate.
- To provide bespoke and relevant thank yous to supporters for their donations in a timely and appropriate manner that exceeds expectations.
- Cross check ‘in memory’ donations against the death list, ensuring all information is correct. Send a sensitive letter to bereaved.
- Accurately process income onto our internal database.
- Help at events when needed.
See our full detailed Job Description on our website for more information.
HOURS OF WORK
This role is a full time position. You will be working 37.5 hours across Monday to Friday.
We will also consider applicants interested in part time hours.
- Administration skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Confident communicator and presenter
- Creative thinker
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Supporter/Customer Care experience
- Marketing knowledge
- Digital marketing experience
- An understanding of the fundraising / charity market
ABOUT THE BENEFITS
In return you will be supported in post to grow and develop your career. You will be encouraged to offer ideas and innovation to deepen supporter engagement and you will receive a competitive remunerationpackage, all whilst knowing that you are helping to really make a difference.
Dorothy House is an incredible place to work, these are just a few of our benefits that we offer to our staff:
- Generous holiday allowance for all roles, increasing with length of service
- Fantastic refer a friend scheme
- Excellent industry leading training and development programmes with many career development opportunities
- Pension with Life Assurance
- Travel and parking - We offer 45p per mile (currently enhanced due to fuel costs) for work travel. There is unlimited free parking in Winsley.
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Counselling and Mindful Employer Charter – providing our staff with information, advice and support for those experiencing stress, anxiety, depression or any other mental health conditions.
- Simply Health - Providing insurance against certain everyday healthcare costs such as dental and optical treatments.
If you have the experience we need and are looking for a supportive, collaborative team environment and an opportunity to play a leading role in an individual giving programme then please get in touch. Help us to continue to deliver our Fundraising Engagement Team vision “to create powerful, purposeful and relevant engagement that increases income”
Please note that our vacancies can close at any time once sufficient applications have been received. We therefore encourage early submission of your application.
Interviews for this position are to be held mid to late August.
SUPPORTER CARE AND FUNDRAISING ASSISTANT
£22,816 – £24,336 per annum
37.5 hours across Monday to Friday
Thursday, 17 August 2023