Chair of Trustees
Circa 2 days per month, Bath
An opportunity to join the Board of Bath and North East Somerset Carers Centre has become available. Bath and North East Somerset Carers’ Centre’s work is to support unpaid carers and help both adults and young carers in achieving their vision of a community where unpaid carers of today and tomorrow are fully recognised, valued and supported. They support about 3,500 of the 25,000 unpaid carers that are in the local authority district of Bath and North East Somerset through a variety of services. One of their key priorities going forward is to extend their reach to support more Carers within Bath and North East Somerset as statutory services continue to rely on their invaluable support to meet the increasing health and care needs of many individuals within our communities.
It is an exciting and challenging time to join Bath and North East Somerset Carers’ Centre. Trustees and Staff have carefully and emphatically navigated the many challenges of Covid to continue delivering services that are timely, accessible, and meaningful to both Young Carers and Adult unpaid carers. As they move forward the voice of unpaid carers will remain at the heart of all they do. Diversifying their income streams is a significant priority area to ensure that they have the resources to respond to emerging needs, the impact of changes to the Care Act and the anticipated increase of unpaid carers from 20,000 (ONS 2011) to 30,000 in 2030 (Carers UK) in Bath and North East Somerset.
The role of Chair of Trustees is pivotal both in terms of offering leadership and support to the Board of Trustees and the CEO, as well as being fully aware of its statutory obligations.
· Work with the Board to oversee the continued development of Carers’ Centre strategy and priorities
· Ensure the Board operates within its charitable objectives and communicates its strategic direction
· Ensure the Board fulfils its duties, maintaining the sound financial health of the Charity
· Chair meetings of the Board of Trustees effectively and efficiently, bringing impartiality and objectivity to the decision-making process
· Together with the CEO, develop and maintain good relationships and communication with donors and supporters
· Represent the Carers’ Centre at external functions, meetings and events
· Support the CEO with regular supervision and conduct an annual appraisal of the CEO and communicate this to the trustees.
The successful candidate will have a:
· Personal commitment to making a difference to the lives of unpaid carers
· Ability to inspire confidence and command respect
· Excellent interpersonal skills and relationship-building ability
· Strong networking skills
· Experience of chairing meetings and events in a participatory manner
· Strong leadership skills, ability to lead change
· A good listener who is able to motivate staff and volunteers
· A good insight and understanding of the BANES area in which we operate and where our services are delivered.
This role is unremunerated with reasonable expenses reimbursed.
A candidate briefing pack is available - please contact Sandy Hinks Head of Charity Practice on 01275 371200 or email email@example.com Quoting reference: MC2179 closing date Midnight Sunday 27th February 2022.
Moon Executive Search is an Equal Opportunities employer and as such we welcome applications from all areas of society and aim to promote the benefits of diversity in all of our business activities. BANES Carers’ Centre is committed to creating and sustaining a fully inclusive and diverse culture. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and communities.
Please note that all direct applications will be forwarded to Moon Executive Search
Chair of Trustees
2 days per month
Bath & North East Somerset
Sunday, 27 February 2022