Julian House is a charity dedicated to making a difference to the lives of the most vulnerable and disadvantaged people in society. We run several projects and every year we help thousands of people out of homelessness, into employment, away from domestic abuse, and more.
If you’d like a real sense of job satisfaction, great career prospects and a competitive benefits package, you could be who we’re looking for!
Job Role: Supported Housing Worker
Salary: £23,240 - £24,612
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Contract type: Permanent
Location: Based in Salisbury but with frequent travel around Wiltshire
- On-call (1 in 4 weeks), £100/week when on-call
The successful Supported Housing Worker will work with single homeless clients with low to medium level needs. They will provide a person centred and high quality support and housing management service to single homeless clients, with low to medium level needs, living in designated properties. To ensure that clients move-on sustainably to greater independence within defined timescales.
- Carry out the client referral and assessment process
- Implement and monitor client support plans and risk assessments
- Give clients advice, information and provide an enabling service so that they can be signposted to and access appropriate services.
- Maintain client records that are accurate and fully updated using the Julian House client record system.
- Roles and objectives in Julian House may change. All members of staff are expected
to be prepared to work flexibly in response to changing business needs
Qualifications / Requirements:
- A valid UK driving license and access to own vehicle – business insurance will be required for roles involving travel for work.
- Experience working with homeless clients, or in a supported housing environment.
- Excellent organisational skills and experience working as part of a Team in a Health and Social Care setting.
There are many great reasons to join our team!
- Great opportunities for career development and free monthly training sessions from experienced facilitators
- Wellbeing related support and advice and up to 6 free counselling sessions through our Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- 25 days annual leave
- 30% staff discount at Julian House charity shops
- 20% staff discount at Julian House bike workshops
- A generous and competitive pension scheme
- Instant access to healthcare professionals and discounts on a variety of health treatments through our Simply Health Scheme
- A supportive culture where staff feedback is highly valued and regular supervisions with line managers are conducted
- Reflective Practice sessions from objective, external facilitators
As an Equal Opportunities employer, we have an Equality and Diversity Action plan in place showing our commitment in ensuring continuous improvement in creating an inclusive culture. We also have a committed group of Inclusion & Diversity champions who meet monthly to ensure progress is being made. We invite applications from people from all backgrounds and cultures, especially minority groups that are underrepresented in the workplace. We also welcome applications from those with lived experience. We embrace flexibility and are proud to be a Disability Confident and Mindful employer, as well as an Armed Forces Covenant Supporter.
If you have any special access requirements or other support needs throughout the application process (including interview), please contact us so that we can let you know how we can support you.
Get in touch
If you have any questions about the Supported Housing Worker role, please get in touch with Laura Dawes (Resourcing Assistant) on 07908496681. We look forward to speaking with you soon!
Please note: We reserve the right to close our vacancies once the perfect candidate has been found. We recommend submitting your application as soon as possible so that you don’t miss out!
Supported Housing Worker
£23,240 - £24,612 per annum
37.5 hours per week
Friday, 16 June 2023