BWR is entering its next stage of development and is looking to recruit a part time Operations Officer on an initial one-year contract. This is an evolving role reporting to the Chair of the Management Committee overseeing BWR’s activities, liaising with the Management Team, as well as managing two part time employees.
To be successful in this position, you will need to be
Empathetic with BWR’s aims, non-judgemental and flexible around working times.
Have the ability to develop relationships with volunteers, clients and other stakeholders, be resourceful, collaborative and enjoy working with others with diverse experiences and backgrounds.
You should be able to work remotely on your own initiative as well as being a team player working in a potentially high-pressure environment. You will be highly organised, able to manage and prioritise a varying workload and be able to adapt to changing situations, be a good communicator and IT literate.
Ideally your experience will include
- Working in the voluntary sector coordinating and supporting volunteers and staff
- Managerial experience, not necessarily in the voluntary sector
- Developing processes to improve efficiency in an organisation
- Working with local authorities and partner organisations
- Supporting and developing volunteers in their roles
- Working with CRM databases
- An understanding of safeguarding and data protection requirements in respect of the organisation as a whole
- Knowledge of Bath and its surrounding area, hold a driving licence and have access to a car.
It is desirable that you
- Have lived and/or have working experience with refugees and asylum seekers
- Understand the issues leading to people becoming refugees or asylum seekers and the issues facing them in the UK.
Outline of the Role
You will be responsible for liaising with the Management Committee and for overseeing the efficient day to day delivery of BWR’s services in support of refugees and asylum seekers in Bath and surrounding area.
- Working with the Management Committee, team leaders and staff to:
- Identify opportunities and areas for improvement within BWR
- Make recommendations to address these issues
- Arrange the necessary resources, developing and reviewing processes and policies including training.
- Communicate, liaise and where required negotiate with partner organisations ensuring that BWR’s needs may be met and that BWR is able to provide any monitoring information that may be required to meet any contractual obligations with these organisations.
- Represent BWR at public events and in the media, promoting the aims and range activities undertaken by BWR.
- Coordinate BWR’s response to new initiatives, internally and externally.
- Manage data effectively for the organisation by using and ensuring the wider use and understanding of BWR’s IT systems, including the development and maintenance of our Case Management System, BWR’s website and other digital systems.
- Managing the Refugee and Asylum Seeker Support Coordinator and Volunteer Coordinator. Hold regular meetings with them to understand any issues they may be experiencing and provide solutions to rectify the situation.
- Briefing and updating the Management Committee on a timely basis on BWR’s ongoing activities and any issues. Attending, monthly meetings and briefing the Trustees as required.
This is an initial one-year contract, working part-time from home. The role is hands on requiring flexibility around working times, including evening and weekends attending meetings and representing BWR at events.
The role will require an enhanced DBS check
Applications will be reviewed as received. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to meet the Management Team and interview on Saturday 4 February 2023.
For more information , please see Detailed Job Description and Chart of BWR Activities.
£32,000 to £34,000 per full time equivalent
2.5 days per week
Bath and working from home
Monday, 30 January 2023