Are you looking for a new challenge? Do you have a good working knowledge of Quickbooks and competent in using Excel and Word?
We are a small not for profit organisation who is looking for a finance officer to join our friendly team.
You will provide financial support to the Management Committee and CEO and will be required to demonstrate a good use of initiative, be able to work accurately and can multi-task and prioritise your workload. You will also be a good communicator with the ability to work both independently and as part of the wider team.
Key Responsibilities include
- Supporting the CEO to develop annual budgets, forecasts and costings.
- Monitoring and reviewing actual and projected expenditure.
- Supporting the development and implementation of financial management and control systems and policies.
- Maintaining and being responsible for systems for payment of invoices, expenses, credit control, handling cash and accounts for the Network.
- Preparing and processing batch payment of invoices monthly and attributing expenditure to correct project code.
- Preparing monthly payroll schedule for submission to an outside payroll service.
- Monthly reconciliation and monitoring of balances in the Network’s accounts.
- Producing accounts up to trial balance in a format suitable for use by our accountants for independent review.
- Overseeing the administration of staff pension arrangements and submissions of statutory information and returns.
- Recording and updating staff personnel files to reflect any changes in conditions of service or changes of circumstance. Preparing and updating annual leave and record sick leave, carers leave etc.
- Recording, monitoring and submitting claims, invoices and recharges as required by funders.
WSUN is a service user led organisation which supports people across Wiltshire
How to apply: Please request more information about the post by contacting the office on 01380871800. The person specification and Job description is available on our website at www.wsun.co.uk
CV’s are accepted with a covering letter stating why to wish to apply for the role
Informal discussion: Contact Louise Rendle CEO
Applicants must have use of their own car, for which mileage expenses will be paid.
The Wiltshire Service Users’ Network are an Equal Opportunities employer. We ensure that our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment and we encourage all applications. We offer a contributory pension scheme and five weeks holiday a year plus public holidays (pro rata). The post is subject to a basic level Disclosure & Barring Service criminal records check.
£13,714 per annum (£24,000 FTE) Possible pay award pending
20 hours per week (can be worked flexibly across Monday - Friday to be discussed at interview stage)
Semington, Nr Trowbridge, Wiltshire
Friday, 31 March 2023