Julian House is a charity dedicated to making a difference to the lives of the most vulnerable and disadvantaged people in society. We are currently seeking a like-minded and enthusiastic Homelessness Service Manager to join our dynamic team on a permanent basis.
If you’d like a real sense of job satisfaction, great career prospects and a competitive benefits package, you could be who we’re looking for!
Job Title: Homelessness Services Manager
Service: BANES Homeless Hostel and Supported Housing Service
Location: Bath & Northeast Somerset
Salary: £30,000 (Plus on-call (£70 p/w or First Responder £45 p/weekend)
Hours: Full time – 37.5hours per week
Working Pattern: 5 days a week, mainly daytime hours with an expectation to work occasional evenings and weekends. Requirement to participate in an out of hours on-call rota. Free parking available at place of work.
At Julian House, we transform the daily lives and futures of people who are homeless and socially excluded, through the provision of high-quality housing and support services. Based within our homeless services, the successful candidate will ensure the delivery of consistently high quality, safe and person-centred accommodation, and support in accordance with our policies and procedures, vision, values, and strategic objectives and within the relevant legislative framework. They will manage 8 direct reports responsible for a minimum of 20 unit and lead service performance, managing complex situations, negotiating, and influencing effectively.
Within agreed areas of service delivery:
• Lead the staff teams to provide expert support for people who have been sleeping rough and those in supported housing in identifying and progressing their strengths and personal goals.
• Ensure excellent safeguarding practices in services particularly in responding to risks and incidents; appropriately supporting staff and affected residents.
• Take responsibility for the day-to-day management of any relevant buildings, including maintenance and safety issues, ensuring that regular inspections (internal and external) are completed and monitored
• Coordinate new resident assessments and support; ensure Team Leaders and Caseworkers effectively manage their caseload of residents and work together as a successful team
• Lead the effective recruitment, induction and ongoing support / development of staff and volunteers, including encouraging residents into internal volunteering opportunities
• Ensure that the appropriate levels and quality of staff and other resources are available to meet the agreed service standards, and in particular that a robust staffing rota exists at all times. The post holder will be expected to provide additional cover if necessary
• Assume personal responsibility for income and expenditure for your service. Work with our Finance department towards meeting the annual budget expectations
• Work with the Business Development Team to contribute to successful tenders for new and existing services and to take forward new initiatives.
• Develop information sharing and joint working protocols with relevant agencies to ensure a seamless and coordinated service for Residents
• On a rota, provide out of hours on-call support for the services that you manage, including covering shifts during unplanned absence for which remuneration is additional to basic salary
• Carry out, within reason, any other duties necessary to achieve the smooth running of the services and undertake other organisational duties, which are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities
• Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of rough sleeping, multiple complex social need, and the causes of homelessness
• Experience of staff team management, including experience of recruitment, induction, supervision, appraisal, training, discipline, and grievance issues
• Experience of managing a budget and financial systems
• Experience of providing a high-quality housing management and support service
• Assessment, planning and caseload management of complex needs residents
• Full driving licence and access to own car for work purposes (Desirable)
• Good oral, written, administration and IT communication skills
• Ability to represent the organisation professionally to a wide range of people including service users, families, neighbours, professionals, and commissioners
• Empathy and understanding of the needs of Julian House Residents.
To get the full job description, please call us at 07720737770.
There are many great reasons to join our team!
• Great opportunities for career development and free monthly training sessions from experienced facilitators
• Sliding salary scale with salary increases every year for the first 3 years
• Wellbeing related support and advice and up to 6 free counselling sessions through our Employee Assistance Programme
• 25 days annual leave, increasing to 27 after 3 years continuous employment
• 20% staff discount at Julian House charity shops and bike workshops
• A generous and competitive pension scheme
• Instant access to healthcare professionals and discounts on a variety of health treatments through our Simply Health Scheme
• A supportive culture where staff feedback is highly valued and regular supervisions with line managers are conducted
• Reflective Practice sessions from objective, external facilitators
As an Equal Opportunities employer, we have an Equality and Diversity Action plan in place showing our commitment in ensuring continuous improvement in creating an inclusive culture. We also have a committed group of Inclusion & Diversity champions who meet monthly to ensure progress is being made. We invite applications from people from all backgrounds and cultures, especially minority groups that are underrepresented in the workplace. We also welcome applications from those with lived experience. We embrace flexibility and are proud to be a Disability Confident and Mindful employer, as well as an Armed Forces Covenant Supporter.
If you have any special access requirements or other support needs throughout the application process (including interview), please contact us so that we can let you know how we can support you.
Please note: We reserve the right to close our vacancies once the perfect candidate has been found. We recommend submitting your application as soon as possible so that you don’t miss out!
Homeless Services Manager
£30,000 per annum
Bath and North East Somerset
Saturday, 14 May 2022