Julian House is a charity dedicated to making a difference to the lives of the most vulnerable and disadvantaged people in society. We run several projects and every year we help thousands of people out of homelessness, into employment, away from domestic abuse, and more.
If you’d like a real sense of job satisfaction, great career prospects and a competitive benefits package, you could be who we’re looking for!
Job Title: Supported Housing Service Manager
Service: Supported Housing
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Contract: Permanent Contract
Working Pattern: 5 days a week, mainly office hours with some flexibility to ensure colleagues and clients in our 24/7 service are supported. Requirement to participate in an out of hours on-call rota 1 week in 6.
- On-call (1 in 6 weeks), £100/week when on-call
The post-holder will be required to lead service performance, manage complex situations, negotiating and influencing effectively. To manage 7 direct reports, responsible for 50 units of accommodation across 5 locations in Bath. Ensuring the delivery of consistently high quality, safe and person-centred accommodation, and support in accordance with our policies and procedures, vision, values and strategic objectives and within the relevant legislative framework
- Lead the staff team to provide expert support for people who have a recent history of rough sleeping, lead complex lives and may have experienced or still be experiencing, trauma, mental ill-health, substance misuse, domestic abuse and be involved with the criminal justice system.
- Provide planning, leadership and direction, meeting statutory and organisational quality standards
- Maintain service performance to agreed targets.
- Lead the effective recruitment, induction and ongoing support / development of staff and volunteers, including encouraging residents into internal volunteering opportunities
- Build effective and motivated staff and volunteer teams promoting a culture of continuous improvement
- Assume personal responsibility for income and expenditure for your service. Work with the SDM and our Finance department towards meeting the annual budget expectations
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Must have experience working with rough sleepers, homeless and/or other socially excluded people, and a good understanding of rough sleeping, multiple complex social need and the causes of homelessness.
- Must have previous management experience in a similar setting. Particularly, experience of managing a Team remotely would be an advantage as you will be responsible for staff that work in different buildings.
- A Health or Social Care qualification would be an advantage but not required.
Please refer to the full job description here
There are many great reasons to join our team!
- Great opportunities for career development and free monthly training sessions from experienced facilitators
- Wellbeing related support and advice and up to 6 free counselling sessions through our Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- 25 days annual leave
- 30% staff discount at Julian House charity shops
- 20% staff discount at Julian House bike workshops
- A generous and competitive pension scheme
- Instant access to healthcare professionals and discounts on a variety of health treatments through our Simply Health Scheme
- A supportive culture where staff feedback is highly valued and regular supervisions with line managers are conducted
- Reflective Practice sessions from objective, external facilitators
As an Equal Opportunities employer, we have an Equality and Diversity Action plan in place showing our commitment in ensuring continuous improvement in creating an inclusive culture. We also have a committed group of Inclusion & Diversity champions who meet monthly to ensure progress is being made. We invite applications from people from all backgrounds and cultures, especially minority groups that are underrepresented in the workplace. We also welcome applications from those with lived experience. We embrace flexibility and are proud to be a Disability Confident and Mindful employer, as well as an Armed Forces Covenant Supporter.
If you have any special access requirements or other support needs throughout the application process (including interview), please contact us so that we can let you know how we can support you.
Get in touch
If you have any questions about Supported Housing Service Manager role, please get in touch with Laura Dawes (Resourcing Assistant) on 07908496681. We look forward to speaking with you soon!
Please note: We reserve the right to close our vacancies once the perfect candidate has been found. We recommend submitting your application as soon as possible so that you don’t miss out!
Supported Housing Service Manager
37.5 hours per week
Bath and North East Somerset
Monday, 28 November 2022