POST: Support Worker – Direct Access and Move on Community
· Work as part of a weekly rota, often alone but also as an active participant of the wider Elim team and volunteers
· Maximise the success of the projects by providing high quality and cost-effective housing and support services
· Ensure the hostel and move on spaces provides safe, secure, pleasant, welcoming accommodation to clients and visitors
· Play a key role in creating and maintaining a positive, healthy, nurturing and supportive atmosphere in which clients can stabilise, flourish and reach their goals
· Induct, assess and support clients so they gain maximum benefit from living at in a direct access and, where possible, progress towards more permanent and appropriate accommodation
1. Accept and assess referrals including, where appropriate, liaison with referring agencies and other support agencies. Sign up and induct new clients into the project.
2. Record, store and share relevant information concerning applicants and clients using both manual and electronic systems and ensuring proper confidentiality is maintained.
3. Ensure client and visitor behaviour is in line with the relevant Occupancy Agreement and house rules, dealing appropriately but sensitively with any breaches.
4. To adhere to the policy around substances
5. Ensure rent and service charges are paid promptly including the monitoring and collection of arrears and liaison as required with benefits agencies.
6. Carry out Keyworker responsibilities so as to maximise support and meet current and future needs including carrying out risk assessments, assessing support requirements, providing support, identifying/liaising with support agencies, maintaining regular contact with clients, developing and monitoring action plans, assessing appropriateness for move-on accommodation, securing appropriate move-on opportunities etc.
7. Carry out some basic cooking and cleaning, encouraging clients to help where appropriate. Ensure empty rooms are clean and prepared for new clients. Encourage clients to adopt acceptable standards of personal hygiene/appearance and to keep rooms clean and tidy. Monitor health and safety and maintenance standards, reporting any areas of concern.
8. Actively participate in client/team meetings, external meetings, supervisions, training sessions and appraisals.
9. Deal appropriately and efficiently with incidents or emergencies, carrying out drills as required.
10. Organise and assist with appropriate recreational and social activities, in particular encouraging clients to get involved in activities at the Elim Connect Centre and on the farm itself as well as with other partners.
11. Perform all duties in accordance with the Employee Handbook, policies and procedures.
12. Carry out such other tasks as may, from time to time, be necessary when consistent with the nature of the post.
ESSENTIAL or DESIRABLE
Education / Qualifications:
GCSE C grade and above / NVQ Level 2
Qualification in Health & Social Care, housing management or similar
Work Experience / Skills:
Some experience in working with individuals with complex needs
To recognise, record & know how to assess risk in all areas of the work place
Some experience in a related field such as supported housing, mental health, homelessness, substance misuse etc
Experience of working with external agencies especially around mental health
Knowledge of agencies providing support to clients with drug/alcohol issues, homelessness, mental health issues and other support needs.
Team working skills and initiative to work alone.
Good administration, report writing and IT skills
Excellent communicator, orally and in writing, with people at all levels
Highly motivated and displaying initiative and determination
Experience in developing care/support interventions, completing needs assessments, support plans and client risk assessments
Practical approach to time management and organisation
Understanding of the welfare benefits system
Ability to promote client independence through enhancement of their life and social skills.
Full driving license and own transport
Experience in handling sensitive and potentially volatile situations
Special Attributes (characteristics/qualities):
Able to liaise effectively with a range of professionals / agencies
Confident, professional and calm, even when under pressure
Resilient and able to cope with multiple internal/external demands
Sense of humour
Honesty; Openness; Reliability; Accountability; Confidentially
Outstanding Service to People
Honouring and empowering those we serve; Offering choice wherever possible; Enabling people to take control of their own lives
The Importance of Every Individual
Respect; Caring for people; Treating everyone as we would want to be treated; Equal opportunities; Valuing differences; Non-discriminatory; Non-judgemental; Non-exploitative; Person centred in approach
The Importance of Working Together
Supporting each other; Working as a team; Being flexible and creative when responding to needs; Recognising more is achieved in harmony than alone
Respecting and Understanding that the Elim Connect Centre is a Christian Charity with a Church at its hub
Getting the basics rights; Earning a high regard in our field; Maximising delegation; Empowering and developing staff; Giving best value; Maintaining a quality service
The application deadline is: June 18th 2023
Please apply using the Application Form downloadable from our website – click HERE
The completed ‘Application Form’ should be emailed as an attachment to:
email@example.com with the following text entered exactly in the subject line:
Application for Dairy House Support Worker (DH20)
All applications should be submitted via email (if you are unable to submit your application electronically please contact us in advance to make another arrangement).
Application Deadline 18th June
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted on 19th June.
The interview dates week commencing 18th June.
The anticipated start date ASAP
Please note: We will endeavour to contact you, but if you have not heard from us within two weeks of the closing date, your application has not been successful on this occasion.
Dairy House Support Worker - Homeless Hostel
£22,500 pro rata
28hrs per week
Manor Farm, Stratton on the Fosse, Radstock
Sunday, 18 June 2023