Theatre Royal Bath is taking a significant step forward in its fundraising work. We are looking for a natural people person with excellent relationship building skills, happy in the company of a wide range of people to take up this new role in our team. Your personality and communication style are more important than a specific work history.
Your role will be to plan, manage and execute a programme of meaningful individual engagement that attracts and retains supporters, from £5 monthly donors to transformational gifts. Your work will support our commitment to raising over £500k per year to support the charitable and artistic goals of Theatre Royal Bath, the Ustinov Studio and The Egg.
Your objective will be to build a community of giving that supports individuals to realise their goals through our charity. Sharing our story and connecting that with individual passions will be your personal mission.
You need the confidence to tackle head on the busy social calendar of Bath and schedule regular day time chats with our patrons. You will be polite, direct and relatable. You will be able to span desk-based research, a targeted relationship management schedule and contribute to a programme of events in our 1805 Members’ Rooms. You will be used to managing conflicting priorities and be adaptable in an environment where no two days are the same. You will use your relationship skills and experience to identify prospects and engage with individual supporters who have:
- demonstrated the potential to support the Theatre
- have an existing membership or give regularly - pledged to leave a gift in their will or made an enquiry to find out more about legacy giving You may already work in an arts charity, other nonprofit or client-focused business in partnerships, relationship or account management, events or sales. Initial training, coaching and support available in the first 6 months will be available to the right candidate to enable you to develop your skill in securing donations.
We anticipate this position being a full-time role, but could be flexible for the right person.
• To actively build relationships with our patrons and Members to encourage regular giving, legacies, one-off donations and identify opportunities for transformational gifts.
• To identify and foster a community of supporters and a lively atmosphere of culture lovers based at Theatre Royal Bath, working with the Development Team and staff across the organisation.
Key tasks and Responsibilities
• Regularly meet with members and patrons to promote opportunities to support TRB including Membership, regular giving, transformational gifts and legacies.
• Listen to, foster and serve a strong community of culture lovers who are actively engaged in supporting Theatre Royal Bath.
• With the Development Manager, research, set and successfully deliver realistically challenging targets for recurring donations, Memberships, transformational gifts and legacies.
• Incorporate opening night and matinee performances into your programme of donor engagement.
• Represent TRB at community engagements across the city of Bath and beyond to identify new supporters and maintain a relevant supporter offer in the local cultural scene.
• Document all engagements using Spektrix Opportunities (our CRM ticketing system) and move potential donors through a fundraising pipeline from research to conversion.
• Offer a high level of engagement through efficient and personalised donor stewardship activities.
• Working with the Special Events Coordinator and the Head of Customer Services, contribute to an 1805 Members’ Rooms programme as a welcoming hub of theatre activity for members, staff and visiting company alike.
• Working with the Memberships Coordinator, embed and learn from Membership, donation and legacy data to identify supporters and opportunities to improve our service.
• Working with the Marketing Department, create a range of regular giving, transformational gift and legacy marketing activities, including but not limited to; direct mail, management of individual giving web pages and social/digital activity, and legacy events
• Keep abreast of and adhere to fundraising and data protection regulations. • Ensure that all marketing assets produced reflect TRB brand. • Effectively manage own workload and to deliver projects to timeframes.
• Attend departmental meetings. • Deputise for the Development Manager as required.
• Abide by the financial coding, management and monitoring systems laid down by the Theatre’s Finance Department.
• To act always in the best interests of the Theatre Royal Bath • Any other activities reasonably required.
TO APPLY PLEASE SEND A CV & COVERING LETTER DESCRIBING HOW YOU MEET ALL THE ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE PERSON SPECIFICATION BELOW:
Relationship Manager (Individual Giving) – Person Specification
• A recognised qualification in fundraising
• At least 3 years’ experience working in a client cultivation role
• Experience maintaining long-term relationships with good conversion results
• Proven track record of meeting targets and deadlines in a fundraising, sales, client management or project management role
• Use of client management software to make decisions and keep records
• 2 years plus working in fundraising, customer relationship management or in an arts organisation
• Knowledge of developing customer experiences or packages
• Project or event management skills with the ability to plan workloads and effectively manage multiple tasks and priorities
• Experience of using Spektrix or other fundraising software/databases
• Experience of delivering training and talks
• Experience of working with or managing volunteers
• Experience of working with creatives
• Good working knowledge of current fundraising legislation
• Knowledge and experience of using social media for engagement
• Good working knowledge of theatre or other cultural venue practices
• IT literate, including email, MS Office and ability to use relevant in-house systems and CRM databases
• Excellent networking and negotiation skills
• Impeccable communication skills - written and verbal
• Solid finance and numeracy skills
• A highly committed approach to customer care
• Flexibility to accommodate irregular working hours
• Data analysis skills
• Skills in graphic design or video production packages
• Confident public speaker
• Motivated self-starter, looking to apply energy and enthusiasm to seek out inspiring ways to build long term engagement with supporters
• Ability to recognise underlying opportunities to maximise donation potential
• A love and enthusiasm of the arts and its value for society
• Diplomatic, flexible and solution-focussed, able to work collaboratively
Relationship Manager (Individual Giving)
Theatre Royal Bath
Sunday, 7 August 2022