Interviews will be held w/c 4th March 2024
The role is about building and engaging the community to keep items longer and reduce consumption and waste through Repair Cafes, HOW TO Workshops and pop up events.
We are looking for someone who enjoys organising events, building strong relationships and managing volunteers.
You will have an eye for detail and the ability to communicate well.
You will take overall responsibility for current and future Repair Cafes , HOW TO workshops and other community pop-ups and events, to ensure the smooth operation of these projects.
Volunteers are an essential ingredient of our work and experience and understanding of recruitment and nurturing volunteers is vital to the success of this role.
- Logistical planning, management, and evaluation of all projects including Repair Cafes, HOW TO Workshop, and pop-up/community events.
- Relationship management with external and internal links to the projects to ensure effective coordination and running of projects
- Recruitment, training, and management of project volunteers in conjunction with the Volunteer Coordinator.
- Build and manage partner organisations
- Manage project budgets.
- Provide cover for delivery of projects where required
- Represent Share and Repair in line with our values and mission in all stakeholder communication and at external events
- Ensure Share and Repair Policies and procedures are followed and adhered to
- Carry out any other duties as required by Share and Repair and act in a manner that is in keeping with Share and Repair values
- Ensure all activities are running within our guidelines
- Work the Head of Operations to ensure events are run within Health and Safety guidelines and all signage and information for volunteers is up to date.
- Manage the induction process for new volunteers
- Organise training and skill sharing for volunteers
- Create and distribute Marketing and Communications for Share and Repair (Shop and Events) in line with our brand guidelines.
- Collect testimonials, take photos, videos and feedback at events
- Work with Social Media manager to produce posts in line with Trading Plan
- Update website alongside volunteer IT specialist and Trustee PR Manager
- Collect content and photos to be used for marketing materials
- Monitoring and analysis of all Share and Repair community activities
- Plan and organise Repair Cafe/HOW TO venues and liaise with venues
- Respond to and work with new volunteers willing to establish new Repair Cafes
- Registration and record keeping of customers and repairs at RC and HT.
- Oversee Schools’ Project
- Manage all volunteers’ training, development and support for these projects
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Organisational expertise and efficient administration of information
- Experience of working with volunteers
- Proficient IT skills, including use of Microsoft Office/Google Workspace programmes
- Leadership and teamwork skills
- Good communicator: orally and in writing
- Proactive approach and able to use initiative and creativity to find solutions to problems
- Ability to adapt in unpredictable circumstances and learn from challenging situations
- Basic graphic design skills for online and in print promotional material
- Understanding and passion for the environment and how we as individuals can make a difference.
- Positive, enthusiastic and adopts a “can do” mentality
- Can work flexible hours when necessary
- Willing to travel to various locations across the region to attend projects and events
- Ability to develop good working relationships
This is an exciting opportunity for someone to use their skills and experience to make a difference locally and nationally to the community.
Share and Repair is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
- A professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to use initiative and to be self-motivated.
- Decisive, logical thinking with creative problem-solving ability.
- Hands on and practical approach.
- An ability to manage time and workload in order to be able to deal with tasks swiftly and effectively.
Community Engagement Manager
£25,000 per year, pro- rata
Home, community events and shop
Thursday, 29 February 2024