The purpose of the role is to ensure the Board of Trustees has appropriate information and oversight of our service delivery, and future developments being considered.
• Supporting the Director to ensure that service delivery in schools/college/universities is of the highest standard, and OTR is maximising the opportunities from working collaboratively
• Advising on appropriate in relation to the external world, to include, education, third sector, and youth sector developments.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for a Trustee who has experience of working either within education or the third sector, that can bring their knowledge and experience to the organisation, to help us shape our ongoing work and collaborations.
We are open to candidates from all backgrounds, but we will prioritise those who will help us to continue to diversify the team. We are particularly keen to appoint Trustees with lived experience that reflects an aspect of the lives of the young people we serve and aspire to serve. Our new strategy has identified young people from socially and economically deprived backgrounds and boys and young men as currently being underserved by OTR. We are committed to creating an equitable environment where all can thrive. We will ensure that the recruitment process and decision making ensures representation of both age and other forms of diversity.
Person specification for role of Trustee
We are looking for someone who has a strong empathy with our mission. We want to hear from you if you have an interest in the health and wellbeing of children and young people as well as the motivation to make a difference to their lives.
We are also looking for Trustees who have lived experience of some of the issues facing the young people we are working with. This could include people who have had experience of receiving LGBTQ+ services or faced social injustice due to other factors in their lives. People who have a connection with the young people and work we do.
· Experience of working within education or third sector
· Demonstrable experience of building and sustaining relationships with key stakeholders and colleagues to achieve organisational objectives
· A proven track record of sound judgement and effective decision making
· A history of impartiality, fairness and the ability to respect confidences
· A track record of commitment to promoting equality and diversity.
Knowledge, skills and understanding:
· An ability to work effectively as a member of a team
· Commitment to the organisation and a willingness to devote the necessary time and effort
· Preparedness to make unpopular recommendations to the board, and a willingness to speak their mind
· Good, independent judgement and strategic vision
How to apply
To apply, you will need to send your CV with a short covering letter explaining why you would like to be a trustee and what you will bring to the role. Email : email@example.com
16 September - deadline for applications
Week Commencing 3 October - interviews
If you would like to have a phone conversation before applying, please email Phil Walters, Director to arrange a conversation.
This position requires an enhanced DBS disclosure that we’ll carry out before appointment along with two references.
Trustee – with service delivery (including in and with schools)
1 hr per week Hours: You will be expected to attend and actively engage in 4/5 board meetings per year, plus our AGM. Each meeting is 2 hours long and takes place in the evenings at our office in central Bath. You will need to prepare for these meetings beforehand by reading the Board papers sent out in advance. You will also need to commit 1-2 hours per month to helping OTR with your area of specialism.
Friday, 16 September 2022