Energy Sparks (https://energysparks.uk/) is an online energy analysis tool and energy education programme specifically designed to help schools reduce their electricity and gas usage through the analysis of smart meter data. Energy Sparks helps pupils and the wider school community to reduce their school’s carbon emissions, and make a real contribution to addressing the 'climate emergency'. Energy Sparks started in 2017 in Bath, and is now working with 275 schools across the UK. We’ve attracted significant funding from government and charitable trusts and foundations to extend our support to 750 schools by summer 2023. All staff work remotely with the core staff team based in the Bath area.
About the role
This is a new varied role which will support our growth over the next year. Responsibilities include:
- setting up new school accounts
- supporting school users to engage effectively with Energy Sparks tools and resources to drive more engagement and impact.
- recruiting schools to participate in additional interventions including education workshops and energy audits.
- obtaining feedback from school users to guide future tool and programme development and to assess impact.
- monitoring Energy Sparks' impact including energy savings, carbon reductions and improved school pupil and staff carbon literacy
- liaising with energy suppliers, meter operators and local authority officers to obtain schools' energy data and resolve data gaps and quality issues.
- ensuring user data is managed effectively to allow easy communication with different user groups.
You will have a first degree or equivalent evidence of analytical, communication and problem-solving ability. You will have a strong interest in sustainability, have experience of data management and be highly organised with outstanding attention to detail.
Full training on our system, energy data, and energy savings will be provided, so prior experience of energy data is not necessary.
For a full job description and person specification https://energysparks.uk/jobs
How to apply
Please send the following by email to email@example.com:
A full curriculum vitae
A covering letter setting out your reasons for applying and how you consider that you meet the person specification for this post.
To be considered for this role, all applicants must currently have the right to work in the UK or will have secured the right to work in the UK by the date of commencement of employment.
Energy Sparks is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
School Support and Data Officer
Up to £30,000 plus 30 days holiday and 12% employer's pension contribution
37.5 hours a week (open to part-time/term-time working for the right candidate)
1 year contract with possibility of extension subject to ongoing funding
Work from home, but available for training and meetings in Bath
Saturday, 4 June 2022