Driving and Passenger Care
· Drive an Age UK Bath & North East Somerset minibus on designated routes
· Together with the Transport Lead, work out the routes for collecting people each day to ensure that the service operates effectively and safely.
· Accompany passengers safely from their home to the bus, ensure they get on and are seated safely and comfortably.
· Deal with any discomfort or emergency arising for the passengers during the journey
· Deliver the passengers to the agreed destination on time
· Ensure the passengers are able to get off the bus safely and see that they enter the building that they are delivered to, accompanying them if necessary
· Maintain logs of mileage driven and hours worked
· Keep the vehicle clean inside and out
· Notify the Transport Lead of any prosecutions for driving offences incurred whilst an employee
· Notify the Transport Lead of any illness or any medication you are taking which may affect your ability to drive safely
· Drive safely, always complying with all regulations of the Highway Code and all legal requirements/parking regulations
· Participate in checking the safety of the vehicles such as checking tyres, tyre pressures, seat belts and deliver the vehicle to service stations for checking as required e.g. brake safety
· Immediately report all accidents of whatever severity to the Transport Coordinator, or, in their absence, a more senior member of the management team or the Chief Executive
· Ensure that the vehicle is kept in the designated storage area and is left secured whenever it is unattended
· Ensure that you attend Manual Handling and First Aid training when requested and that you do not put yourself at risk in any way while carrying out your duties.
· Bring any matters of concern relating to safety to the attention of your line manager
Age UK B&NES Policies and Procedures
Become familiar with the content of our policies and procedures on the following subjects and ensure that you always work to the requirements: -· Equal Opportunities
· Health and Safety
· Ensure that you can be always contacted by phone whilst on duty and that a message service will operate when you are driving.
· Pick up and deal with messages at regular intervals when it is safe to do so.
· Do not use a mobile phone whilst driving.
The following criteria will be assessed from information provided on your completed application form / at interview / by your referee:
Education & Training
· D1 Licence/PSV Licence
· Good standard of education
· Minibus drivers’ licence (MIDAS)
· Advanced driving licence
· First Aid
· Manual handling
· Experience of driving passengers in a minibus or other passenger carrying vehicle
· Experience of working with older people, people with disabilities or vulnerable groups.
· Cheerful and polite
· Calm in a crisis
· Able to act responsibly in an emergency situation
· Exacting sense of road safety and customer care
· Excellent driving skills and awareness of vehicle safety issues
· Good communicator
Knowledge and understanding
· Good understanding of vehicle maintenance requirements
Other job- related requirements
· Able to work outside normal office hours when necessary, on occasion.
· Required to provide holiday cover for colleagues & during other absence
· Able to drive all types of minibus
£19,838 pro rata
Bath & North East Somerset
Thursday, 31 August 2023