You will keep a complete and accurate record of all financial transactions in a systematic, orderly and logical manner. This ensures that the financial effects of such operations are reflected in the charity’s accounting records.
· Maintain the Charity’s accounts using QuickBooks accounting software
· Manage monthly payroll
· Undertake financial tasks including invoice processing, payments, petty cash and bank deposits and reconciliations.
· Act as the key contact for suppliers, staff and volunteers’ financial enquires
· Complete Gift Aid returns
· Support the preparation of the Charity’s VAT return
· Monitor grant income and expenditure and provide regular reports to budget holders
· Prepare accurate and timely financial information and reports
· Under the direction of the Deputy CEO support the preparation of budgets, the annual report and accounts and financial reports to the Board of Trustees
· Contribute to the review and updating of financial systems; policies and procedures as the Charity grows.
· Adhere to The Charities Statement of Recommended Practice (SORP) and Charity Commission guidance.
· Uphold and embed our values and behavioural competencies
· Deliver against the agreed workplan
· Adhere to the Carers’ Charter.
· Adopt good practice within the Carers Trust network.
· Work within the Carers’ Centre policy framework.
· Undertake any other duties required, in consultation with your line-manager, as are consistent with the responsibilities of this post.
Please note : we will contact prospective applicants around interviews on a rolling basis.
£28,718 FTE (£10,861 pro rata)
Office / Home - Hybrid
Thursday, 9 March 2023