Are you an inspirational leader that can influence others to make positive change? If so, we have the ideal opportunity for you…
About the role
The Carers’ Centre is seeking a dynamic individual to deliver an exciting new role and lead a brand-new team. As Community Engagement and Volunteer Manager you will engage the public and unlock their potential to make a meaningful difference to the lives of unpaid carers. You will take people on a journey, improving their understanding of unpaid carers and inspiring them to take action. You will play a key role supporting those who choose the path to become volunteers.
With 1 in 8 people across the UK caring today, this number is set to grow by 60% over the next 10 years. This role has an opportunity to make a real difference to the increasing number of unpaid carers in our community.
You will be a dynamic individual with excellent communication skills, a flair for engaging others, and a talent in getting the best out of people. You will be delivering vital work to support thousands of unpaid carers.
We would love to hear from you if you:
· Enjoy working with stakeholders to deliver change
· Have experience of educating and empowering community voices
· Knowledge of developing pathways for people to engage with and support a cause
· Can deliver a positive volunteer experience and ensure volunteer voices are heard
· Value user feedback and data, using it to inform your work
The Carers’ Centre is a local independent charity with a big vision! We want to live in a community where unpaid carers are fully recognised, valued and supported. By joining The Carers’ Centre, you are joining a team dedicated to helping families across Bath and North East Somerset when they need us most.
We provide trusted information, advice and support to unpaid carers of all ages, enabling them to maintain or improve their health and wellbeing, stay in control of their caring role and get connected with others in a similar situation to them. In addition, we work with the wider community to improve recognition and support for unpaid carers.
Why you should join us:
- · Be part of a friendly team, who always look out for each other
- · Experience a strong collaborative approach to work
- · Choose to work remotely or at the office (or a mix of the two)
- · Access free parking at the office, with beautiful grounds in which to work
- · Utilise a large suite of digital tools to support staff to do their jobs
- · Get a great range of discounts through the CarerSmart scheme
- · Know you will make a difference to vulnerable people every day
- · We aim to encourage a culture where everyone’s unique value is recognised
Download a job pack from our website: https://www.banescarerscentre.org.uk/about-us/join-our-team
Community Engagement & Volunteer Manager
Remote, Community and office base
Sunday, 19 June 2022