Julian House is a charity dedicated to making a difference to the lives of the most vulnerable and disadvantaged people in society. We run several projects and every year we help thousands of people out of homelessness, into employment, away from domestic abuse, and more.
If you’d like a real sense of job satisfaction, great career prospects and a competitive benefits package, you could be who we’re looking for!
Job Role: Senior Domestic Violence Casework Coordinator
Salary: £26,300 per year
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Contract type: Permanent
- On-call (1 in 4 weeks), £100/week when on-call
- First responder, £20 per night
The successful Senior Domestic Violence Casework Coordinator will assist with the operational management and staff line management of a small team in Bath, as well as supporting their own caseload of clients that have experienced Domestic Abuse.
- Provide supportive line management and supervision to team members ensuring regular reviews are in place including monthly supervisions, PDRs and any other reviews as appropriate.
- Maintain accurate records using Client Record Management system (INFORM), undertake quality assurance checks.
- Deal professionally with local incidents and safeguarding ensuring action is taken, communicated, followed up and recorded.
- Liaise closely with the Health, Safety and Facilities Team to carry out appropriate health safety and compliance actions.
- Provide a small caseload of clients with high-quality person-centred services which takes a strength based and trauma informed approach.
- Provide clients with advice and information so that they can access appropriate services internally and externally.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- A valid UK driving license and access to own vehicle – business insurance will be required for roles involving travel for work
- Experience working with people who have experience Domestic Abuse, other vulnerable adults and/or people with complex needs
- Good communication skills and experience of successful multi-agency working
- Supervisory experience in a similar role would be an advantage
There are many great reasons to join our team!
- Great opportunities for career development and free monthly training sessions from experienced facilitators
- Wellbeing related support and advice and up to 6 free counselling sessions through our Employee Assistance Programme
- 25 days annual leave, increasing to 27 after 3 years continuous employment
- 30% staff discount at Julian House charity shops
- 20% staff discount at Julian House bike workshops
- A generous and competitive pension scheme
- Instant access to healthcare professionals and discounts on a variety of health treatments through our Simply Health Scheme
- A supportive culture where staff feedback is highly valued and regular supervisions with line managers are conducted
- 6 weekly Reflective Practice sessions from objective, external facilitators
As an Equal Opportunities employer, we have an Equality and Diversity Action plan in place showing our commitment in ensuring continuous improvement in creating an inclusive culture. We also have a committed group of Inclusion & Diversity champions who meet monthly to ensure progress is being made. We invite applications from people from all backgrounds and cultures, especially minority groups that are underrepresented in the workplace. We also welcome applications from those with lived experience. We embrace flexibility and are proud to be a Disability Confident and Mindful employer, as well as an Armed Forces Covenant Supporter.
If you have any special access requirements or other support needs throughout the application process (including interview), please contact us so that we can let you know how we can support you.
Get in touch
If you have any questions about the Senior Domestic Violence Casework Coordinator role, please get in touch with Laura Dawes (Employee and Volunteer Recruitment Specialist) on 07908496681. We look forward to speaking with you soon!
Please note: We reserve the right to close our vacancies once the perfect candidate has been found. We recommend submitting your application as soon as possible so that you don’t miss out!
Senior Domestic Violence Casework Coordinator
£26,300 per annum
37.5 hours per week
Thursday, 15 June 2023