Julian House is a charity dedicated to making a difference to the lives of some of the most vulnerable and disadvantaged people in society. We are currently seeking a like-minded and enthusiastic Specialist Female Outreach Worker to join us.
If you’d like a real sense of job satisfaction, great career prospects and a competitive benefits package, this could be the job for you!
Job Title: Specialist Female Outreach Worker
Service: BANES Outreach Service
Location: Bath & Northeast Somerset
Salary: £22,440- £23,812 per annum
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Working Pattern: 5 days a week, mainly daytime hours with an expectation to work occasional evenings and weekends.
Responsible to: Service Manager - Complex Adult Services
To deliver a high-quality person-centered outreach service, working as part of a team, making contact with new, repeat and entrenched female rough sleepers in Bath, implementing a locally agreed approach to No Second Night Out.
- To undertake assertive outreach and hot spot visits across the locality area including during unsocial hours, maintaining a regular street presence
- Carry out needs assessments with identified rough sleepers to secure access to services which are suitable for their immediate needs, and make appropriate referrals in partnership with them to establish a sustainable life away from the streets as quickly as possible
- To work in close partnership with the local authorities, police, emergency accommodation providers and wider partner agencies to maximise positive outcomes for service users
- To work within No Second Night Out guidelines when working with those new to the streets
- Develop and implement person-centred packages of support with people sleeping rough
- Support Service Users to engage in consultation events both within the organisation and in the wider community
- To attend team meetings both internally and externally as required to give and receive information as appropriate around rough sleepers, address any service access requirements and build relationships with front-line workers
- Assertive outreach will involve working early, late and day shifts, including some weekends
- To respond quickly to referrals of rough sleepers (made through the ‘report a rough sleeper’ website, telephone hotline and other sources) record and feedback to referrers as appropriate
Since job descriptions cannot be exhaustive; the post holder may be required to undertake other duties, which are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities
Mental health (RMN, CQSW/CSS/DipSW or OT), Health or Social Care qualification
Knowledge & Skill
Build effective relationships with clients and services in order to develop pathways to enable clients to make positive changes
Set boundaries, challenge appropriately and manage conflict constructively
Outreach/community-based work, or previous work with homeless and/or other socially excluded people
Working with people with complex needs who may be difficult to engage
Working with dual diagnosis clients
Assessment of needs and case management
Working without direct supervision
Empathy for the client group and commitment to achieving sustainable solutions
Please find the full job description here.
There are many great reasons to join our team!
- Great opportunities for career development and free monthly training sessions from experienced facilitators
- Wellbeing related support and advice and up to 6 free counselling sessions through our Employee Assistance Programme
- 25 days annual leave, increasing to 27 after 3 years continuous employment
- 30% staff discount at Julian House charity shops and 20% at bike workshops
- A generous and competitive pension scheme
- Instant access to healthcare professionals and discounts on a variety of health treatments through our Simply Health Scheme
- A supportive culture where staff feedback is highly valued and regular supervisions with line managers are conducted
- Reflective Practice sessions from objective, external facilitators
As an Equal Opportunities employer, we have an Equality and Diversity Action plan in place showing our commitment in ensuring continuous improvement in creating an inclusive culture. We also have a committed group of Inclusion & Diversity champions who meet monthly to ensure progress is being made. We invite applications from people from all backgrounds and cultures, especially minority groups that are underrepresented in the workplace. We also welcome applications from those with lived experience. We embrace flexibility and are proud to be a Disability Confident and Mindful employer, as well as an Armed Forces Covenant Supporter.
If you have any special access requirements or other support needs throughout the application process (including interview), please contact HR@julianhouse.org.uk so that we can let you know how we can support you.
Get in touch
If you have any questions, please get in touch with Vishnupriya Venkatesan (Resourcing Assistant) on 07720737770. We look forward to speaking with you soon!
Please note: We reserve the right to close our vacancies once the perfect candidate has been found. We recommend submitting your application as soon as possible so that you don’t miss out!
Specialist Female Outreach Worker
£22,440- £23,812 per annum
37.5 hours per week
Thursday, 29 September 2022