The Treasurer will oversee the financial matters of the charity in line with good practice and in accordance with the governing document and legal requirements, and report to the Board of Trustees at regular intervals about the financial health of the organisation. The Treasurer will ensure that effective financial measures, controls and procedures are put in place, and are appropriate for the charity.
· Overseeing, approving and presenting budgets, accounts, financial statements and financial reports in a timely manner to the Board of Trustees after discussion with the Director
· Being assured that the financial resources of the organisation meet its present and future needs and are within the charities objects
· Being instrumental in the development and implementation of appropriate financial, reserves policy and investment policies
· Work with the director about financial matters
· Ensuring that appropriate accounting procedures and controls are in place
· Advising on the financial implications of the organisation's strategic plans
· Attending and working closely with the finance sub group committee
· Liaising with the charity’s auditors where appropriate
· Liaising with the Chair and director to ensure that the charities annual accounts are compliant with the current Charities SORP
· Ensuring equipment and assets are adequately maintained and insured
· Keeping the board informed about its financial duties and responsibilities
· Contributing to the fundraising strategy of the organisation
· Making a formal presentation of the accounts at the annual general meeting and drawing attention to important points in a coherent and easily understandable way
· Sitting on personnel panels as required
To be a Trustee of an organisation is an exciting and fulfilling role. The most effective Boards are ones which benefit from individuals from a diverse range of backgrounds, experiences and skill sets. The role of a Trustee is to ensure that Off The Record fulfils its duty to its beneficiaries and delivers on our vision, mission and values.
What’s in it for me?
You will be joining an active and supportive team of trustees at an exciting time for our well established and highly regarded charity. The role will be challenging at times but very rewarding. It will provide invaluable experience and the opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of young people. We’ll provide you with a full and thorough induction, and give you the chance to meet staff, volunteers and most importantly the young people we serve. Trustees are unpaid volunteers but out of pocket expenses are covered.
To apply, you will need to send your CV with a short covering letter explaining why you would like to be a trustee and what you will bring to the role. Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
17th April 2023 - deadline for applications
Interview dates TBC
If you would like to have a phone conversation before applying, please email Phil Walters, Director to arrange a conversation.
This position requires an enhanced DBS disclosure that we’ll carry out before appointment along with two references.
Trustee – Treasurer
1 - 2 hours a month
Monday, 17 April 2023