Become a Trustee for Grow Batheaston
Grow Batheaston is based in the village of Batheaston on the eastern fringes of Bath. It is a vibrant and active charity that supports the local community through delivering it’s charitable objectives:
1. The promotion of community participation in healthy recreation and other recreation in Batheaston and the surrounding areas with the object of improving the conditions of life for the inhabitants of Batheaston and the surrounding areas.
2. To advance education particularly in relation to gardening, local food growing and healthy eating, and matters relating to the environment including by enhancing the development and education of children under statutory school age including by encouraging parents to understand and provide for the needs of children through community groups
3. To promote civic responsibility and good citizenship including by promoting, organising, facilitating cooperation and partnership working between charitable and other voluntary organisations within and around the area of benefit
4. To promote, establish operate and/or support other similar schemes and projects which further charitable purposes.
Grow Batheaston initially started in response to the pandemic, but soon recognised the importance of building a resilient community able to respond to the impact of climate change and biodiversity loss. More can be found out about GBs activity on our website. Earlier this year Grow Batheaston achieved charity status and we are now looking to recruit more Trustees and build the capacity and capability of our board.
Our Trustees will have an interest in environmental issues and/or community sports and/or arts and culture. We are specifically looking for people with experience in the following areas, but we are happy to receive applications from people with a broad range of skills and experience.
1. Legal skills
2. Fund raising
3. Community bases initiatives
4. Land management
Previous experience as a Trustee would be desirable. The board of Trustees meets four times a year, and members have an open invitation to join the monthly steering group meetings. It is anticipated that the Trustees will use their experience and expertise to support the steering group to deliver GB strategy which is agreed annually. The amount of time required to do this will vary but is likely to be between ½ to 1 day a month.
If you would like to apply, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining why you would like to become a Trustee and how you think you could help deliver the charitable objectives in 300 words or less
CLOSING DATE: 31st October
Interviews are planned for mid November
5-10 hours per month or more if you can spare, 4 trustee meetings a year, annual AGM
Batheaston / Home
Tuesday, 31 October 2023