West of England Civil Society Partnership
The West of England Civil Society Partnership (WoECSP) is a registered Community Interest Company established by Voluntary, Community and Social Enterprise sector (VCSE) infrastructure and support organisations across the West of England. The partnership, originally established in 2011, brings together Voscur, CVS South Gloucestershire, The Care Forum, Voluntary Action North Somerset, Wesport, West of England Rural Network and the B&NES Third Sector Group (3SG).
The role of the Partnership is to provide:
- Leadership, support and coordination for the VCSE sector across the West of England
- A voice and focus for the VCSE sector to engage in, influence and scrutinise policy development at a West of England level with the new and emerging governance structures
Achievements of the Partnership to date:
- Supported development of and work of the West of England Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP)
- Supported development of the LEP Economic Strategy, in particular the approach to supporting Social Inclusion
- Enabled development of and supported a successful grant application to the EU Social Fund Building Better Opportunities programme led by Weston College, which has secured £6 million of funding
- Enabled activity delivered by 25 local VCSE organisations across the West of England to support people furthest from work
The Partnership’s current work includes:
- Supporting the VCSE in its engagement with the West of England Combined Authority (WECA) and Joint Committee
- Working with the WECA Skills Group, the Rural sector group, the Social Enterprise Sector Group and the Growth Hub
- Supporting the development of the Local Industrial Strategy and leading on Inclusive Growth
- Representing the VCSE on the EU Structural Investment Funds Committee
To discuss the WoECSP, please contact 3SG Director James Carlin
Community Business Trade Up programme
SSE Dartington is running a free programme to support community businesses in the South West and the West of England. The nine month long programme will give community business leaders the head-space, support network and funding needed to adapt, digitise...
Featured Network Offer
We are a small independent charity based in Bath which was created to support the children of separated parents. Our aim is to provide a safe, friendly and neutral place where these children can spend time with their non-resident parent or other...
Read Network Offer