West of England Civil Society Partnership
The West of England Civil Society Partnership (WoECSP) is a registered Community Interest Company established by Voluntary, Community and Social Enterprise sector (VCSE) infrastructure and support organisations across the West of England. The partnership, originally established in 2011, brings together Voscur, CVS South Gloucestershire, The Care Forum, Voluntary Action North Somerset, Wesport, West of England Rural Network and the B&NES Third Sector Group (3SG).
The role of the Partnership is to provide:
- Leadership, support and coordination for the VCSE sector across the West of England
- A voice and focus for the VCSE sector to engage in, influence and scrutinise policy development at a West of England level with the new and emerging governance structures
Achievements of the Partnership to date:
- Supported development of and work of the West of England Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP)
- Supported development of the LEP Economic Strategy, in particular the approach to supporting Social Inclusion
- Enabled development of and supported a successful grant application to the EU Social Fund Building Better Opportunities programme led by Weston College, which has secured £6 million of funding
- Enabled activity delivered by 25 local VCSE organisations across the West of England to support people furthest from work
The Partnership’s current work includes:
- Supporting the VCSE in its engagement with the West of England Combined Authority (WECA) and Joint Committee
- Working with the WECA Skills Group, the Rural sector group, the Social Enterprise Sector Group and the Growth Hub
- Supporting the development of the Local Industrial Strategy and leading on Inclusive Growth
- Representing the VCSE on the EU Structural Investment Funds Committee
To discuss the WoECSP, please contact 3SG Director James Carlin
Bath and North East Somerset Charity Trustee Review
With the support of Bath University Students, a team of BANES Charity leaders recently analysed a sample of local charity data looking at the diversity of BANES Trustee Boards.
What we did:
We analysed 52 charity boards from a sample set of 445...
Featured Network Offer
Grant Programme Manager
Somerset Community Foundation are recruiting a Grants Programme Manager.
Location: Our Shepton Mallet office, with occasional homeworking
Deadline: Monday 30 August 2021
Salary: £25,000 - £27,000 depending on experience,...
Read Network Offer