West of England Civil Society Partnership
The West of England Civil Society Partnership (WoECSP) is a registered Community Interest Company established by Voluntary, Community and Social Enterprise sector (VCSE) infrastructure and support organisations across the West of England. The partnership, originally established in 2011, brings together Voscur, CVS South Gloucestershire, The Care Forum, Voluntary Action North Somerset, Wesport, West of England Rural Network and the B&NES Third Sector Group (3SG).
The role of the Partnership is to provide:
- Leadership, support and coordination for the VCSE sector across the West of England
- A voice and focus for the VCSE sector to engage in, influence and scrutinise policy development at a West of England level with the new and emerging governance structures
Achievements of the Partnership to date:
- Supported development of and work of the West of England Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP)
- Supported development of the LEP Economic Strategy, in particular the approach to supporting Social Inclusion
- Enabled development of and supported a successful grant application to the EU Social Fund Building Better Opportunities programme led by Weston College, which has secured £6 million of funding
- Enabled activity delivered by 25 local VCSE organisations across the West of England to support people furthest from work
The Partnership’s current work includes:
- Supporting the VCSE in its engagement with the West of England Combined Authority (WECA) and Joint Committee
- Working with the WECA Skills Group, the Rural sector group, the Social Enterprise Sector Group and the Growth Hub
- Supporting the development of the Local Industrial Strategy and leading on Inclusive Growth
- Representing the VCSE on the EU Structural Investment Funds Committee
To discuss the WoECSP, please contact 3SG Director James Carlin
Celebrating Black History Month
The accomplishments, experiences and challenges faced by black people will come under the spotlight throughout October in a series of events across Bath and North East Somerset to mark Black History Month (BHM21).
BHM21 gives residents the opportunity to...
Featured Network Offer
Researcher – Climate Change
One Home is looking for a Researcher who is excellent with data, passionate about climate issues and can tell a compelling story.
Job Title: Researcher
Contract Type: freelance, part-time or permanent contract, at least three days per week...
Read Network Offer